Oni no Youna LoveCome - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Red Oni

Damn i spend the whole chapter expecting some kind of twist... but i, certainly, didn't expect THAT

Dex-chan lover
While reading: This is just a poor Ore Monogatari ripoff.

Last few pages: HOLY SHIT!!

Group Leader
That girl is wearing must be wearing a pretty strong prescription shoujo-lenses.

Really enjoying the start of this cute delinquent rom-com.

@Dantrig
This feels kind of like Beelzebub except the mc is much more intelligent.
That was my first thought too!

Fed-Kun's army
Just...just what the fuck with that ending?!!* shit this polt twist is better then 90% of all the fanatasy manga out there lol

seriously why the fuck not just translate oni to devil? Its almost keikaku (plan) bad ffs, damn scanslators looking up from their high chair thinking we peasants can't grasp the intricacies of the Japanese language when translated although it makes fuck all difference

Fed-Kun's army
@kinosseur Because they're legitimately not the same thing. It'd be like calling a kobold a goblin or vice versa.

Aggregator gang
Loving this first chapter hope there's more to come
At first I thought this was going to be another one of them stories (Where MC is really a nice guy but everyone assumes he's bad just because of his looks/misunderstood actions and then you know in those stories..... Boom!.. enters the heroine to be the one person in the story to try to understand him and then they fall in love with each other through various chapters in the story) but then a f***ing REAL Oni appeared...... Left me speechless........ 9 stars

Contributor
I'm surprised that this manga started recently, the art look so old. Nice first chapter

I legitimately shocked by that plot twist. A real oni showed up. Hot damn author really got me.

Group Leader
@kinosseur
Long answer: Even though the official title is Demon, Demon/Devil is way too broad, while Oni is very specific to that kind of creature. I was about to translate it to Ogre, but when I googled Ogre, it's actually completely different. So I just leave it as it is, Oni because it's thematically and culturally relevant.

Short answer: go fuck yourself

XL

Dex-chan lover
Saw the raw, it was interesting. Read the English chapter, confirmed it. Thanks for picking this up! ?

Dex-chan lover
is this the part where the phrase "well, that escalates quickly." comes in?...

Users who are viewing this thread