Onii-chan Is Done For! - Ch. 74 - Mahiro and the Two's Night

On page 5 it says "Since the air con's off, I'm freezing" shouldn't it be heat instead since without the air con it would warm up not cool down or did the author screw up in the original Japanese
Air conditioning goes both ways, it really depends on which aircon but there are a lot of models that are intended to also work as a heat pump, being able to heat up a room instead of cooling it down.

Fed-Kun's army
On page 5 it says "Since the air con's off, I'm freezing" shouldn't it be heat instead since without the air con it would warm up not cool down or did the author screw up in the original Japanese
'Aircon' is an English loanword used in Japanese to describe the wall-mounted unit that can cool AND heat. So the author used the right word, and the translator used the right word.

Dex-chan lover
Funny lightning go boom
boom_lol.png
I can understand her reaction there, a lightning strike nearby is terrifying. Several years back we had one hit in the yard a few feet from one end of the house. Even though my window was covered, and on the other side of the house, my room went solid white for a split second. The sound was less loud and more all-encompassing noise that overwhelmed the senses.

Then we discovered that lightning strikes cause EMPs to electronics that aren't shielded thoroughly. The Ethernet switch, router and UPS in the den, closest to the strike, died within minutes. (Solely from the EMP, it didn't come in the power lines.) The Ethernet switch in my room died a few weeks later. On the other hand the Roku, PS3 and TV in the den were just fine.

Boom is actually pretty accurate for a lightning strike close by.

Dex-chan lover
I can understand her reaction there, a lightning strike nearby is terrifying. Several years back we had one hit in the yard a few feet from one end of the house. Even though my window was covered, and on the other side of the house, my room went solid white for a split second. The sound was less loud and more all-encompassing noise that overwhelmed the senses.

Then we discovered that lightning strikes cause EMPs to electronics that aren't shielded thoroughly. The Ethernet switch, router and UPS in the den, closest to the strike, died within minutes. (Solely from the EMP, it didn't come in the power lines.) The Ethernet switch in my room died a few weeks later. On the other hand the Roku, PS3 and TV in the den were just fine.

Boom is actually pretty accurate for a lightning strike close by.

A lightning strike nearby is almost always going to be terrifying, nice story though.

For me personally, I've only had one lightning strike that EMP the house we were living in but it had barely any electronics (it was one xbox and wifi) so I've never knew that could ever happen to electronics. Interesting.

Also, glad that ps3 survived though lol

Just finished binging the anime and the manga, wonder what led the mangaka to believe that girls piss themselves every other day. It kinda makes sense the first time but every other time after that seems forced

Dex-chan lover
Knew someone was gonna say this.

Group Leader
Such a cute and wholesome chapter! Now I'm left wondering who is handling Onimai manga and if I could translate a new chapter once it releases on pixiv?

Dex-chan lover
Mihiro getting better and better by the day. You love to see it.

Thanks for the translation (I second seeing more chapters where my girl Mihari gets spoiled rotten. She deserves it).

Dex-chan lover
The most wholesome part of this is the fact that Mahiro realized a thunderstorm was happening and his first instinct was IMMEDIATELY to go find Mihari and be ready to reassure her.
That's some strong older sibling energy right there.

Users who are viewing this thread