Onii-chan Is Done For! - Vol. 3 Ch. 22.5 - EX Special - Mahiro and an Uneventful Holiday

VIP
>The joy of manual labour
>Reminded me of a certain rabbit
>cry because no new chapter

Double-page supporter
Here clickable link for the Drama CD https://mangadex.org/drama/1/drama-cd-onii-chan-wa-oshimai

I had thought it was a secret from everyone. Seems that I was mistaken. Wonder when Mahiro will meet them.

Group Leader
@CoolOtamegane:
@ZdrytchX, CSP often used for Manga artist and Illustrator to doing something. Because the feature specifically either manga making and 2D illustration.
and I know from my friend in japan, Some major manga publisher using CSP for editing manga. So I learning it since my PS corrupt.

CSP bit more complex than Paint tool SAI for illustrating, but easier than photoshop CS for editing.
Only Take 200 K to 1,5 GB Working Set on RAM (depends on your Resolution image) Meanwhile Photoshop CC thrice on that amount, My RAM is cried.

P.S : Sorry for late reply (very-very late reply LOL), The notification dont appeared above. Coincidence, I read this thread with yellow marking on my Acc name.

[Edit]
Everyone else: I'll probably delete this chapter once CoolOtamegane releases the full extra version
Edit : 30 More hours I'll Doing EX. it seems till I done with Mini extras At least 10 Chapters omake
Tbh having even anywhere remotely close to 1GB of memory per image is quite a memory hog. When I did my scanlations I worked on multiple pages at once to get a better understanding for the context because I'm still new and stuff for translations, which is actually why PPT actually worked out pretty well for me. I'm considering learning how to do my own cleaning in the future with gimp but I guess I'm just feeling too lazy atm to do that. Mangadex did actually give us a guide on cleaning with photoshop actually, and the process for replicating bubble sfx seemed like so much work, lol. Also further comments below this other reply:

@Aereus
@ZdrytchX @CoolOtamegane Comic Studio Pro is indeed used for layout, screentones, dialogue, etc. but in many cases they still do the art with Photoshop first. I dunno if its 50/50 Photoshop/SAI for doing the art, but both have good representation. Layout is almost entirely CSP though.
Must be confusing for a while to split work between the two and to then have to export and re-import work. I thought the majority of artists stick to one program after the sketching the story board phase directly as a draft onto their main software, or they do it on paper then import and retrace onto their main software like comic studio / manga studio, or something.

*coughs* Actually TIL that manga and comic studio are all alternate or older names for the current clip studio paint. For some reason I remembered CSP being something completely different and more simple 🤥

CSP actually looked pretty advanced on yoshikadzu's stream (author of tsugumomo) even if he's using an dated version, he's even got a bank of background artwork so he doesn't have to redraw the backgrounds he's already drawn before or if a template exists like for the screentones. I can see why CSP costs so much even if the non-commercial edition is this advanced.

@ZdrytchX I didn't mean that they used both for the art, but that there are artists who work in either PS or Sai for the art, and regardless of what app is used for the drawing, they all pretty much use CSP for layout/editing. Although CSP art tools have gotten a lot better in the last decade, so I wouldn't be surprised if SAI has lost market share in recent years to just doing all of it in CSP. I had forgotten how similar they both look at a glance. (Biggest difference appears to be the color swatch is in the top left for SAI and bottom left for CSP)

The naming conventions are all jumbled, because the company used different names for the same software depending on if its for Japan or the Western market, on top of several overall name changes even in the Japanese market. Apparently yes, they recently deprecated the Manga Studio name and just call it Clip Studio Paint worldwide.

Double-page supporter
ahhh living the dream NEET life.

motherly imouto... or onee-chan? can't wait for the real mother to show up.

Users who are viewing this thread