Onii-chan Is Done For! - Vol. 8 Ch. 76 - Mahiro and a Close Call

Jeez I forgot just how short lasting the fast acting version of the drug is. Also looking back at it wasn't the last time Mahiro needed the drug in chapter 49. It actually seems like the effectiveness of the drug is increasing.

You open up a good topic there.

From the looks of it, Mahiro is beginning to become resistant to the drug's effects, and is needing to drink it more and more as time goes on.

Not sure what the author plans to do with Mahiro.

The recent chaps seem to be hinting that Mahiro is sexually frustrated, not sure if that is related to their resistance to the drug.

Of course Mahiro is sexually frustrated. Remember what Mihari claimed about the mind exploding back in chapter one?

Dex-chan lover
Considering the lucky sukebe scene in this chapter, using the one from Jitsu wa watashi wa would be more appropriate. ;)

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I've discussed it with some people on a different chapter about how author seems to be mindful of the drug tolerance of Mahiro.

Also Nayutan really climbing up the best girl charts for me... and I shudder at the day Miyo realizes what her spider senses are telling her. :lol:

Dex-chan lover
Futa Mahiro, Miyo's yuri sense, MomiMahi, Mahiro's casually drinking the formula, all that in just 15 pages. A really busy and fun chapter. And Miyo is right: MomiMahi is the best

Thanks for the translation

Double-page supporter
Me when the plot is actually developing
Edit: I'm also pretty sure Page 2 is suppose to be a Kyoufuu all back reference.

Dex-chan lover
man, i kinda dislike Momiji
Mahiro cant lift a finger without her meddling in, it got old really fast for me

also, the lucky pervert on Yami with the taiyaki in To-Love Ru is the most ridiculous thing ever lmao

Not sure if I liked this chapter or not, I don't like most of the "it grew back" chapters because it shifts focus from the fun/wholesome interactions or interrupts something new or interesting Mahiro was about to do (like the swimming class chapter)
And each time Mahiro mentions "rubbing one out" when that happens I just don't feel like it's the same character, it feels out of place and against any character growth Mahiro has had over all that time.

Not sure why Nayutan pretty much only operates as a panties & drug dispenser for Mahiro. Why doesn't Mahiro carry an emergency dose for occasions like this? It doesn't even add or remove anything from a gag/joke perspective.
Or why there even is a fast-acting short-duration version at all, since Mahiro needs it long-term anyway.

The more times the "it grew back" gags appear, the less impact it has. Which is why the anime version is the only one I actually tolerate (even though it also ruined Mahiro's onsen experience), because the payoff was absolutely golden and meant a whole lot more in the grand scheme of things.

I much prefer the cute and wholesome chapters with Mahiro's friends or Mihari (like ch.74), I hope there's more of those in the future for sure.

Group Leader
Hello and thanks for reading.

Since this chapter came out, fans have been concerned about Onimai potentially ending soon. It became a big enough problem that Nekotofu himself felt the need to Tweet about it.
9pqmxv.png

Users who are viewing this thread