Onii-chan Is Done For! - Vol. 8 Ch. 78.5 - The Boys and MMORPGs

Wonder why its weird for guys to like using female avatar, most people would prefer seeing something cute or beautiful all the time while playing rather than a muscle-y man doing cool stuff(unless theyre doing a self insert)
I think it's more for self-insert reason, and, for me, it would makes sense that you would want to play a stronger, cooler version of yourself, the person you wish you could be, than a nice looking stranger. I mean, watching a beauty kill a dragon is nice and all, but being the one who kill the dragon sounds way better.

That said, I usually play as a healer or support, so it won't be epic whichever I choose, so I often go as female.

Supporter
Regardless of the reasons, statistics state that you end up with more female avatars in many MMOs precisely because more men are likely to have this debate than women--who overwhelmingly play female avatars.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder why its weird for guys to like using female avatar, most people would prefer seeing something cute or beautiful all the time while playing rather than a muscle-y man doing cool stuff(unless theyre doing a self insert)
My thoughts exactly. I always choose female avatars

Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
you guys may be "Mahiro is off limits" but Onii-chan is 100% a teaser

Nemu and Momiji lack critical information

Dex-chan lover
I think it's considered less weird among adults, but in middle school everyone's so insecure about how they're changing that even something like that can cause others to think you're weird. Or to think you're weird for doing it. It's a very fraught time for most of us.

Users who are viewing this thread