Onii-chan Is Done For! - Vol. 9 Ch. 81.9 - Minato-kun is Done For? (Preview Version)

Dex-chan lover
1. Plays as a girl in the MMO
2. Looks happy about being dressed as a girl
3. Felt sad about changing out of the maid outfit during the school festival
Can't see how anyone would see these as trans vibes.
Don't think the first one has anything to do with trans vibes. Just because you would rather play as a girl in an online game implies trans, if you have to look at someone's ass the entire time your playing an mmo might as well make it a cute one yes? Theres a reason why theres an acronym called GIRL (Guy in Real Life). That and the customization options for girls is usually alot more than male models and would often look nicer too in mmos

as for the 2nd one, being complemented feels nice even if its for something you are either neutral to or something embarassing and its a school festival during a time when the focus is more on having fun than anything

3rd Might have to do with the fact that its close to the end of the festival and that is always sad for those who are enjoying it. that and see point 2

Does it mean that he likes or dislikes dressing up as a female? idk, but it isn't enought to imply trans. Not that the gender bender tag have to do with trans anyways

Dex-chan lover
Responding to each point in a vacuum doesn't invalidate that the presence of all them together in one place does pretty strongly imply Minato's gender identity isn't 100% masculine. I think calling him trans might be jumping the gun, but that there is a pattern is an observable fact.

EDIT: Also don't forget the strawberry milk thing I pointed out earlier in this thread. That's a small but salient data point as well, easily overlooked. It's not about the individual stars, it's about the constellation as a whole.

Also:
as for the 2nd one, being complemented feels nice even if its for something you are either neutral to or something embarassing and its a school festival during a time when the focus is more on having fun than anything

3rd Might have to do with the fact that its close to the end of the festival and that is always sad for those who are enjoying it. that and see point 2

Did we even read the same manga??? because this is the one I read.

QVI83Im.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Responding to each point in a vacuum doesn't invalidate that the presence of all them together in one place does pretty strongly imply Minato's gender identity isn't 100% masculine. I think calling him trans might be jumping the gun, but that there is a pattern is an observable fact.

EDIT: Also don't forget the strawberry milk thing I pointed out earlier in this thread. That's a small but salient data point as well, easily overlooked. It's not about the individual stars, it's about the constellation as a whole.

Also:

Did we even read the same manga??? because this is the one I read.

QVI83Im.png
One sorry, I'm simply kinda tired of seeing people going trans this trans that or because things like "people likes rainbows? They must be trans" and other things people like shoving down other people's throat so much and came out a little more than i should have.

For that page I just read it as But it feels a bit sad saying good bye (because the experience has been so fun)
but then again thats my intepretation of it. About the milk thing though honestly I don't really know since personally I or my surroundings never really cared about that. So it never felt like a "girls" thing

Dex-chan lover
One sorry, I'm simply kinda tired of seeing people going trans this trans that or because things like "people likes rainbows? They must be trans" and other things people like shoving down other people's throat so much and came out a little more than i should have.
I'm not asking this in a condescending way but: do you actually understand what people are talking about when they talk trans stuff? It has a lot to do with how it feels to be gender-curious or even outright dysphoric, feeling out of place in your own skin with a yearning to cross the divide that just won't go away. It's a very lonely experience so people with those feelings... sometimes tend to be very over-eager to see fictional characters whom they can relate to those feelings with.

And yeah, they can overly-defensive too, which is possibly part of why you feel like it's being shoved down your throat. Intense defensiveness comes natural when society seems intent on either ignoring or demonizing you. (I'm sure you actually can related to that feeling quite a bit, as a reader of anime/manga or possibly even a gamer)
I can only apologize for how I myself had been like that in the past sometimes. I realized hostility by default isn't great praxis and some of my older posts even on this very website I kind of regret. I hope I hadn't come off as hostile here either.

But it feels a bit sad saying good bye (because the experience has been so fun)
but then again thats my intepretation of it.

Ah, OK, then let me explain what I'm seeing. In the context of that scene, Minato is responding to Yuuta who just said "Let's hurry and change and forget this happened". Minato says "But it feels a bit sad saying goodbye..." while looking down at the maid headdress with swirly eyes. (a common anime/manga shorthand for a character in a confused mental state)

Yuuta sees this and goes "H-hey! Wake up!!", not knowing how to react to seeing his friend idly wishing he could continue wearing the maid outfit.

I know in this new chapter Minato is seemingly pretty distressed at his sister suddenly dressing him up. I don't think he's processed how he feels yet. Overally, I wouldn't label Minato as "trans" myself, but he does definitely resemble some of the early signs. (I think I need to see a lot more of Minato before I go beyond speculating)

Dex-chan lover
I'm not asking this in a condescending way but: do you actually understand what people are talking about when they talk trans stuff? It has a lot to do with how it feels to be gender-curious or even outright dysphoric, feeling out of place in your own skin with a yearning to cross the divide that just won't go away. It's a very lonely experience so people with those feelings... sometimes tend to be very over-eager to see fictional characters whom they can relate to those feelings with.

And yeah, they can overly-defensive too, which is possibly part of why you feel like it's being shoved down your throat. Intense defensiveness comes natural when society seems intent on either ignoring or demonizing you. (I'm sure you actually can related to that feeling quite a bit, as a reader of anime/manga or possibly even a gamer)
I can only apologize for how I myself had been like that in the past sometimes. I realized hostility by default isn't great praxis and some of my older posts even on this very website I kind of regret. I hope I hadn't come off as hostile here either.
I can understand those feelings to some extent. But I don't have much patience for these arguments ever since the nonsense with Bridget. Any trace of gender nonconformity makes people jump in shouting "One of us!" and I'm sick and tired of it.

(you're fine though)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Honestly while I don't completely understand what they feel (then again no one can ever completely understand how another person feels, only emphatize since we can't be them) my usual policy is that as long as you don't hurt others, send threats or say that the creator's thoughts doesn't matter (looks at the bridget or the oda situation thats going on) people can do what ever they want or have any head cannon that they want. My perception of them as a person has absolutely nothing to do with their gender or how they view themselves after all.

I do see why you think they are signs and I am glad that this doesn't devolve into something well... I guess calling it a "twitter mess" would be appropriate? ^^;

Dex-chan lover
Don't think the first one has anything to do with trans vibes. Just because you would rather play as a girl in an online game implies trans, if you have to look at someone's ass the entire time your playing an mmo might as well make it a cute one yes? Theres a reason why theres an acronym called GIRL (Guy in Real Life). That and the customization options for girls is usually alot more than male models and would often look nicer too in mmos

Does it mean that he likes or dislikes dressing up as a female? idk, but it isn't enought to imply trans. Not that the gender bender tag have to do with trans anyways
It's not that Minato has to be trans but rather than these are all common experiences for trans women and thus it can give those vibes to people
We're not talking about what's canon here, just our own interpretations of what the story has given and both the cis and trans readings are equally valid. Both with Minato and with Mahiro

Dex-chan lover
It's not that Minato has to be trans but rather than these are all common experiences for trans women and thus it can give those vibes to people
We're not talking about what's canon here, just our own interpretations of what the story has given and both the cis and trans readings are equally valid. Both with Minato and with Mahiro
They are not equally valid. When one is the omnipresent default both IRL and in fiction, and other is a tiny special case, the latter needs some real evidence to be considered a possibility.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
They are not equally valid. When one is the omnipresent default both IRL and in fiction, and other is a tiny special case, the latter needs some real evidence to be considered a possibility.
I literally just said there were vibes. I wasn’t asserting that this chapter is proof that Minato is canonically trans, just that he’s presented in a way that’s easy to interpret as trans.

I actually agree with a point made earlier that this manga being a gender bender actually significantly reduces the chances of any genuine trans narratives happening. I highly doubt that the author has any interest in touching the topic of actual trans people at all.

Nonetheless the nature of the genre makes for easy trans character interpretations. Sorry some of us are enjoying this work differently than you, I guess?

Man, having a sister in this manga is a hazard if you want to stay a guy. Whether it's an older or younger sister. Also, damn. Five new characters and arguably one of the cuter extras from earlier in the story (Minato) now totally stands out on his own as interesting, instead of just being one of the "two boys" I kept forgetting the names of.

Fun thing -- if you go back and watch the Onimai anime, you can find a part where Yuuta and Minato are drinking juice boxes together. If you look at Minato's, you'll realize it's actually bright pink strawberry milk, something insecure Japanese boys his age would be probably shy about drinking in public. (consuming sweet things is considered somewhat transgressive for guys in Japan, especially something like that)

The writing was already on the wall that Minato is coded gender-nonconforming and this chapter seems to be the delivery on what was mostly just implied be

Does it mean that he likes or dislikes dressing up as a female? idk, but it isn't enought to imply trans. Not that the gender bender tag have to do with trans anyway
Your point 1 can go either way. Yeah sure guys can play girls because they want eye candy but there are also a lot of trans girls who use it as a way to project how they feel about themselves through the game. Considering Minato was heavily dressed, I doubt he was looking at the characters butt that much.

I don't agree with your point 2 at all. Some people like being called cute and I'm willing to bet a whole bunch of guys would feel horrible about it. I'm a trans girl myself and honestly when I was called handsome even though it was a positive comment, before I transitioned, it made me feel horrible. Being called cute made me feel great.

Yes liking to dress as a female does imply it. At the very least it says you are curious about it.

Dex-chan lover
are you gonna post the chapter as part of this, or its own thing?

also if u do post it as its own thing please put a notice so we dont forget to check it out!

Users who are viewing this thread