Only Sense Online - Ch. 100

Group Leader
No one ever designs a manticore with the human face it is supposed to have. Why is that?
Needle teeth are always missing too, for that matter.
maybe it's because it looks gross? Well, i'm not a mangaka so idk

Dex-chan lover
"Emperor's Ball of Light."
No, I'm pretty sure that'a slice of orange.

Girls: Why do we live longer than boys?
Boys:

How nice of that transportation thingy to only activate once all of them are aboard.

I know someone who does not want to go there with a gender-appropriate swimsuit. But everyone else wants him to.

What kind of lame holes are those? They're not even shaped like the proofs. You should always see those kind of collection slots before you start collecting them and their shape should give a hit of what's to come. That's just better game design than whatever this is.

Aww, it's a cute and cuddly kitten.

Sealing skills, sealing items... Not a nice boss.

Time ran out while he was thinking... But what else could he do?

Sister to the rescue.

100 chapters of the manga (at least translated ones not sure how far it is in japan) and still no hint of an english official translation for the light novel or anime adaptations ?

Group Leader
100 chapters of the manga (at least translated ones not sure how far it is in japan) and still no hint of an english official translation for the light novel or anime adaptations ?
114 per rawkuma, if you really want it to be an anime then you can only hype it up like how sharing-la and Destiny Unchain Online

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Sealing ability r quite a nut skill, really make the players think n adapt hard...
XD...

Dex-chan lover
No one ever designs a manticore with the human face it is supposed to have. Why is that?
They also didn't have wings initially. This is an adaptation brought by Dungeons and Dragons. In the 5th edition, it even says they are dragon-like wings, where it used to be more bat-like before. First panel of page 19 shows it without wings too. X)

Dex-chan lover
Sealing skills, sealing items... Not a nice boss.
not nice? its basically a shitty boss .... I mean if an MMO give me a bos that seals the characters magic and items, it is REALLY bad game design. It completely kills all crafters, ranged physical fighters and mages and the only ones beeing able to do something are warriors. For a quest meant for everyone it is total bullcrap. Even if it seems that the spikes only stop things per player, area or timed it is still complete bull.

Just like Yun his friends always letting him do dumb stuff that could kill him easy because he isnt a combat player. Author i get the point of story first but come on, dont make such ultra stupid stuff.

Dex-chan lover
That's only one way of depicting the Manticore. It'such like how Harpies originally were a lot more birdlike than human like (basically a bird with a human head instead of the current norm of woman with wings for arms and talons for feet.) The Chimera, Basilisk and Gorgons are rarely depicted 100% accurate to their original design as well.
Modern adaptations took the elements people liked and removed the parts people didn't, and the human faces that Manticores received were ultimately just a bit much, their modern design is MUCH better since there's an elegance to the simpler design.

Dex-chan lover
not nice? its basically a shitty boss .... I mean if an MMO give me a bos that seals the characters magic and items, it is REALLY bad game design. It completely kills all crafters, ranged physical fighters and mages and the only ones beeing able to do something are warriors. For a quest meant for everyone it is total bullcrap. Even if it seems that the spikes only stop things per player, area or timed it is still complete bull.

Just like Yun his friends always letting him do dumb stuff that could kill him easy because he isnt a combat player. Author i get the point of story first but come on, dont make such ultra stupid stuff.
It depends on if there is more to the boss or not. If you're just expected to brute force everything, yeah, that's horrid game design, but if there's a trick to the fight (like if there's a practical way to stop the thorns, if there is a time limit of sorts before something drops that can affect the boss without the use of such things, or maybe if you're not supposed to fight the boss, but help it instead) then it actually could be a rather interesting boss design if done right. Knowing this series and what it took for them to get to this point, there's a high chance there's a gimmick they have to figure out.

Dex-chan lover
It's been so long since they started this (in terms of real world time due to the time in between releases) that I completely forgot what was going on with this quest they're on. Anyone remember what the basis of this quest they're on is?

Dex-chan lover
They also didn't have wings initially. This is an adaptation brought by Dungeons and Dragons. In the 5th edition, it even says they are dragon-like wings, where it used to be more bat-like before. First panel of page 19 shows it without wings too. X)
Wings are a good addition.
That's only one way of depicting the Manticore. It'such like how Harpies originally were a lot more birdlike than human like (basically a bird with a human head instead of the current norm of woman with wings for arms and talons for feet.) The Chimera, Basilisk and Gorgons are rarely depicted 100% accurate to their original design as well.
Modern adaptations took the elements people liked and removed the parts people didn't, and the human faces that Manticores received were ultimately just a bit much, their modern design is MUCH better since there's an elegance to the simpler design.
Modern manticore just looks like a chimera knock-off, not a deadly, uncanny man-eater of legends. Modern adaptions are boring most of the time amd play it safe, when it comes to many myths and legends.

Group Leader
It's been so long since they started this (in terms of real world time due to the time in between releases) that I completely forgot what was going on with this quest they're on. Anyone remember what the basis of this quest they're on is?
Eh sorry bout that

Dex-chan lover
Modern manticore just looks like a chimera knock-off, not a deadly, uncanny man-eater of legends. Modern adaptions are boring most of the time amd play it safe, when it comes to many myths and legends.
Agree to disagree

Dex-chan lover
It seems MC accepted being called onechan
After a while it's just easier to accept things as they are, rather than fight things on every turn. It's like getting a nickname you're not a fan of but everyone uses because they think it fits, eventually you just either have to give in or give up hanging out with those people (which you should do kind of depends on the nickname in question and whether or not you enjoy hanging with the group in other capacities.) Ultimately our MC is a pushover and a people pleaser so he definitely went with the former 😅

Users who are viewing this thread