Onna dakara, to Party wo Tsuihou Sareta no de Densetsu no Majo to Saikyou Tag wo Kumimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 25.1

Dex-chan lover
QWkecbI.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I should've seen this from that party; the Princess somehow quickly kowtow, seemingly in fear to Maxwell.

But I would never thought Maxwell will be that brazen to physically do anything with the princess. Even Prospera, who openly manipulates her (clone) daughter for her plan might have several strong words toward Maxwell.

I do really hope Lapis would put Maxwell in fate worse than death after this.

Dex-chan lover
They better not make Maxwell be more powerful than Laplace.

She was the one who actually did all of his claimed legenary deeds.

Dex-chan lover
So is Maxwell higher than the King? Cause unless the King allowed it, I doubt Maxwell would have the authority to do things to the Princess.
Then again, how this world views females, King might not give a shit.

Thanks for the TL
Tbh, the king is probably a puppet. A glorified secretary that runs the country so Maxwell doesn't have to so he can focus on his research instead. He is 200+ years old, he is the true ruler of the country.

Dex-chan lover
So is Maxwell higher than the King? Cause unless the King allowed it, I doubt Maxwell would have the authority to do things to the Princess.
Then again, how this world views females, King might not give a shit.

Thanks for the TL
I bet for the princes he is like cheat code, if he favored you, you will guaranteed to be the next king.

Dex-chan lover
Let's see here...
  • Human experimentation
  • Developing life-stealing coins
  • And going out of his way to physically harm royalty (and a child for that matter) for his own ends
I got to hand it to Maxwell; with every new chapter he manages to find ways to up the ante. Can we get more fucked up than this? I don't know about you guys, but I'm a little eager to find out.

Thank you for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Wait...

I can totally see him doing this. Laplace was his daughter so he had an easy time brainwashing her, and when she went too far he dumped her.
And the kingdom is clearly dependent on him now, so he can easily groom the royalty into letting him use them as his new guinea pigs, possibly the princess has been his research tool even before she was born.
Hell, he has probably been trying to turn the royal family into "second" Laplace for generations.

But...
Why was he so protective of her during the tournament? It would not be because of his research, he could always use another guinea pig - like he did with his daughter.

I'm having terrible thoughts about this.
Thoughts like he is gonna pull an Orochimaru and jump his soul to a new body, a body he is not able to change into what he needs (else he would just change his own) so he wants to create it from scratch the way he wants it... and the princess is being primed to create that body for him, giving him not just a "perfected" body but also a body with political power (at least, even outside his own country).
That would explain how that society became so misoginistic (besides fear of a second Laplace): he is doing his best to make people think of women as just good for breeding tools so no one has any issues with him actually using one as such.

That said, I'm hoping I'm wrong. As terrible as Maxwell clearly is, that may be going a bit too dark for what we got until now from the story.

Dex-chan lover
Just found out this manga earlier today and caught up now, and what a chapter to have to stop at, oof...

Dex-chan lover
No surprise he's still at it. Kind of hope his death is quick and unremarkable. He attacks, Laplace no sells it, vaporises him then forgets all about him to live happily ever after with Tanya.

Thanks for translating.

Users who are viewing this thread