Onna Shogun x Heisotsu - Ch. 17 - Preferred way of calling

Aggregator gang
She's just teasing the lad. It's not that serious man, chill. just look at how beat-red he is on the page. She for sure intentionally said that he was her "wife." Also, it's a rom-com manga. Just laugh it out of humor and move on bruh.

I'm now actually curious about the height between the 2 Lovebirds. Did they created a full body drawing showing how tall they are from each other or nah?
I just assumed that she calls him her "wife" because she's teasing him and there's no ill intent whatsoever.

I think there's also a bit of a power dynamic where she's clearly the one pursuing him, and she's his superior in both rank and ability, so she's calling him her "wife" because she's implying she wears the pants in the relationship. Definitely reading into it on my end though.

I want to believe she's probably taller than him by a bit.

Fed-Kun's army
Wife, why? I know the guy is sub, and the commander is in control, but choosing to give him the title of wife for a reason like that feels kind of icky.

Edit: For you guys that are flaming me. The fact that the guy is made to bare the female title in a married relation, comes with some rather controversial connotations. Namely that the guy is filling a dated gender role that wives had as their husband's accessory, as well as other roles that should have died out a couple decades ago, if not even earlier. This is why I'm feeling a bit icky about how the guy is being addressed and treated, granted the guy is practically a self-insert with how much of a blank canvas he is, but I digress.
yappuchino

Dex-chan lover
Wife, why? I know the guy is sub, and the commander is in control, but choosing to give him the title of wife for a reason like that feels kind of icky.

Edit: For you guys that are flaming me. The fact that the guy is made to bare the female title in a married relation, comes with some rather controversial connotations. Namely that the guy is filling a dated gender role that wives had as their husband's accessory, as well as other roles that should have died out a couple decades ago, if not even earlier. This is why I'm feeling a bit icky about how the guy is being addressed and treated, granted the guy is practically a self-insert with how much of a blank canvas he is, but I digress.
Haven't seen anyone actually flaming you in in the replies and quotes so stop it with crying victim over being disagreed with.

"roles that should have died out" lmao if anything you deserve to get flamed for real from that edit. Normal people dont care nor like that ideological garbage you're spewing.

Double-page supporter
Please don't do this. Nobody in any english speaking country would ever say this, ever. It sounds bizarre. It makes more sense to dump the honorifics all together or else to keep the japanese (which is actually what an english speaker would do - the whole language is a mashup of borrowed terms)

Dex-chan lover
Why "wife" are you purposely mistranslating it? If you are, please stop.
I don't know whether it is a mistranslation, but the raw is written as
"兵彼傘は嫁私での"
which putting it to GTranslate comes up as
"The soldier's umbrella is for my wife and me."

You guys can check the raw, linked on the front page. It is on pixiv.

Also, gentle reminder that the ch. title is "preferred way of calling", or "favorite name" if MTL on the pixiv page. No woke bs here, just wholesome milf who dotes the younger soldier.

Dex-chan lover
She's just teasing the lad. It's not that serious man, chill. just look at how beat-red he is on the page. She for sure intentionally said that he was her "wife." Also, it's a rom-com manga. Just laugh it out of humor and move on bruh.

I'm now actually curious about the height between the 2 Lovebirds. Did they created a full body drawing showing how tall they are from each other or nah?
Going by the Pixiv description, the girl is 9cm taller :meguupog:

Dex-chan lover
guys the "wife" thingy was just their dynamic. why is everyone questioning his gender :shamihuh:
At what point were we questioning genders? Sure, going by archetypical standards and social norms, it'd be vice versa, but it really do be as you said, it's just their dynamic. BTW, was "wife" really what the author said?

Also, I'm way behind in saying this, but "shogun" usually translates to general, not commander, which normally comes out as "shiki-kan" (Or SKK if you're part of either the Azur Lane or Nikke communities).

Dex-chan lover
we're just going full tilt with the male wife angle huh lol. Also I can see why the kiddo would be jealous since she was never treated like that,

Dex-chan lover
Maybe misunderstanding instead of a joke or teasing
Wonder if she actually know so little about relationships that she just not know the wife usually is the female one and just get what the other are saying lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread