Onna Shogun x Heisotsu - Ch. 17 - Preferred way of calling

Dex-chan lover
I don't know whether it is a mistranslation, but the raw is written as
"兵彼傘は嫁私での"
which putting it to GTranslate comes up as
"The soldier's umbrella is for my wife and me."

You guys can check the raw, linked on the front page. It is on pixiv.

Also, gentle reminder that the ch. title is "preferred way of calling", or "favorite name" if MTL on the pixiv page. No woke bs here, just wholesome milf who dotes the younger soldier.
The text reads "彼は兵卒 / 私の嫁です", first of all (remember: Top to Bottom, THEN right to left. Not realizing they're two separate statements is more forgivable, their typesetting isn't the greatest).

This ultimately translates to "He's my private (and also) My wife/bride". The way the team altered it flows a bit nicer and emphasizes the punchline better for English imo, so I don't mind it much. (Also confirms for the whiners in here that, yes, she does literally call him her wife)

Side note for ya' tho: By the very nature of this being a man in a non-dominant position in the relationship, this would in fact - as a direct deviation from western gender norms - be """woke bs""" you absolute clown :smugnako: And good on them for it lmao

I think there's also a bit of a power dynamic where she's clearly the one pursuing him, and she's his superior in both rank and ability, so she's calling him her "wife" because she's implying she wears the pants in the relationship. Definitely reading into it on my end though.
I see. That in itself makes more sense. I have been enlightened once more :finnawoke:

Users who are viewing this thread