Onna Tomodachi to Kekkon Shitemita - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - What is true happiness?

Dex-chan lover
@Saloria_Stralli
They may or may not be truly happy, but like everyone else, they won't know for sure. (I feel like my joke has gotten away from me now...)

Dex-chan lover
Well I'm pretty sure we'll see true happiness in the last chapter of this manga xD Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
That's right! readers don't get to decide what's best for the characters, what they should do and how they should do things... their fate is not up to you!!!!!!........... Except those times were a manga gets axed lol

Dex-chan lover
This manga it's so meta.

I like that.

Having said that, I understand why a lot of people might find it ethically wrong to write about such a relationship if this was IRL.

For example, a lot of journalists never write about their own family even if they are distant relatives because they feel it's bad to expose your family like that. And that's what MC is doing, exposing her new formed family with her friend to the world to judge. But ultimately it's a decision they took together and they are right in that people don't get to decide if it's wrong or not.

What I do find really funny, it's that it seems like those imaginary people do get that the friend has a crush on MC through her writing. Again, really meta.

Dex-chan lover
I love this manga, it's very cute and the thought of antis hating on the two of them makes me furious, but... If this happened IRL I would 100% be thinking that it's a tax evasion scheme ngl. It's some real yuri manga bs, but we accept it cause it's adorable. I mean, pretty much nothing would change if the story was just 'Ruriko is secretly in love with her roommate, Kurumi' (though I'm aware that, apparently, roommate arrangements aren't really a thing in Japan).

Anyway, cute chapter and thanks for the translation, as always.

Group Leader
@WhereTheYuriAt I mean, while I do agree that the reader is not in any position to tell what is good or wrong in their relationship, I think that some of them if not most, realize that the "friend" is in-love with the MC, so they feel sad for her cuz as we know the MC still doesn't look at her friend like that.

Dex-chan lover
@Aile true, but I didn't really consider those ones 'anti' comments, cause, like you said, they just seem worried about Ruriko.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Seed of doubt, go away!!

Dex-chan lover
@WhereTheYuriAt I do feel kinda bad for Ruriko though, she's clearly hoping for a lot more out of this relationship . I wish she wasn't so self sacrificing 😥

Dex-chan lover
@kojiro481 I feel ya, the end of this chapter felt a lil bittersweet because of that. Cause... Is she really happy with just that? I mean, I know she likes just chilling with Kurumi, but... You know, it's what her friend was getting into at the beginning, ofc, before Kurumi interrupted the two.

Users who are viewing this thread