Onnanoko wa Otoko no Tame no Kisekae Ningyou ja Neenda yo - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Girl With the Cute Clothes Wants to Meet Him Once More

Group Leader
"Western-style clothes"
Yeah, we have a very strikingly difference of opinions on how western clothes and fashion look like.
Upanhso.tk-1.gif

Group Leader
"Western-style clothes"
Yeah, we have a very strikingly difference of opinions on how western clothes and fashion look like.
Upanhso.tk-1.gif
In fairness, the japanese language does have a word to identify "local" ("eastern") clothes and a word for clothes in the western fashion and I'm sure here this second word was used.
On the other hand, in the society of 2023 every person in japan wears clothes modeled on western fashion, so "non-western-style clothes" are basically just traditional clothes like kimonos.
In short, the translation in its absolute is correct, it's just that it's not contextualized to the real world and the word might have become a slang to identify specific dress codes (though I'm not aware of any such cases) ending up in a mistranslation.

Fed-Kun's army
But i don't feel she's wearing western style clothes that's just ordinary modern clothes that's all, still thx for the translation hard work i can read cute and comedy romance once more time again

Dex-chan lover
Isn't Jirai-kei really popular in japan?
Probably, but regular clothes would still be far more common, unless the place is really special. We got a couple of glimpses of the street in this chapter, and the people passing by were wearing what you could call average everyday clothes.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine if the next they meet he's in a frilly outfit and a wig and the only way she'll recognize him is the "you're the person with the cute clothes"

Dex-chan lover
Those clothes ought to be her most distinctive feature, even in Japan.
Yeah, what else did she expect?

Male lead: "oh, you are that cosplayer" :unsure:
Female lead: "Yes, I am not some man's dress-up doll, but I can make an exception just for you" :love:
As long as it's within her own tastes there's nothing wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread