Onnanoko wa Otoko no Tame no Kisekae Ningyouja Nenda yo - Ch. 7 - The Girl With the Cute Clothes's Troubles

Dex-chan lover
Can someone explain what they mean by "western-style"?

If by "western" she means The Old West of America, where she would be on the Oregon Trail or married to a cowboy in Arizona, then maybe lol

Dex-chan lover

If by "western" she means The Old West of America, where she would be on the Oregon Trail or married to a cowboy in Arizona, then maybe lol
the western world to most people means Europe - Russia + North America - Latin America I believe

some people (mostly Asians like me) include Latin America and Russia into the concept of western but that's usually just in the context of food (Tacos and Stroganoff are usually considered western food)

therefore western style clothing is a concept (usually nonwestern) people use to refer to nontraditional clothing (eg. lolita in japan, jeans in thailand, t-shirts in china) derived from western manufacturing (t-shirt and jeans) or western styles (lolita)

tldr: western-style means in the style of the western world (direct or derived)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

Western == "Not Asian", basically

le3

Dex-chan lover
Inject this sweet nectar right into my veins
metal-gear-solid-mgs4.gif

Dex-chan lover
the western world to most people means Europe - Russia + North America - Latin America I believe

some people (mostly Asians like me) include Latin America and Russia into the concept of western but that's usually just in the context of food (Tacos and Stroganoff are usually considered western food)

therefore western style clothing is a concept (usually nonwestern) people use to refer to nontraditional clothing (eg. lolita in japan, jeans in thailand, t-shirts in china) derived from western manufacturing (t-shirt and jeans) or western styles (lolita)

tldr: western-style means in the style of the western world (direct or derived)

I was thinking that at first, but I've never seen dress look anything like that outside history books. Even in Latin America.

I think it's tough for me to pick out what was meant since it's black-and-white. I default to old black-and-white photos lol

Dex-chan lover
I was thinking that at first, but I've never seen dress look anything like that outside history books. Even in Latin America.

I think it's tough for me to pick out what was meant since it's black-and-white. I default to old black-and-white photos lol
because goth lolita clothing are in fact not a western invention; it is western derived/inspired.

it's still called western by japanese becuase it's made in a western style, draws inspiration from it...

the reason why lolita is considered western while katsudon is not (fried meats are a western import into Japanese culture) is I feel because lolita was made with being foreign inspired in mind, while katsudon was made with assimilating into local cultures in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread