Ookami Heika no Hanayome

Group Leader
Sorry, folks. First semester of grad school squashed me, but now that I no longer have 100 hour work weeks, the next release will be a multiple chapter release! Work behind the scenes does continue.

Waste of potential manga... the story basically goes like this:
Majesty looked at me “kyaaaaa” runs away.
Majesty touched my hand “kyaaaa” runs away.
This for about 30 chapters and no real progress, ofc some side story of some who is plotting something behind the scene every chapter.
If u like 20 chapters of “oh my god he looked at me” then this manga for u
Sure it’s sweet and cute manga but rating of 9 star just lmao.

Group Leader
@mochimin It's very difficult for me to put a specific time frame on it as it all (3 chapters atm) has to still go through our JP-Eng QC proofreader and then get typeset.

EDIT 2/6/19: Okay! Progress update, it's down to one chapter in the middle of typesetting, should have three releases for you within about a week!

Fed-Kun's army
Glad to know the story hasn't been forgotten. Looking forward to next releases! 😃

The pacing is glacial, the filler is almost too much, and the characters are wonky as hell at the beginning, but damn it, it gets good a little of the way in. Overall if the art on the “realistic” characters wasn’t offputting to me then it’d be an 8/10, but because of the weak beginning and filler it comes out to a 7/10 for me. If overt slice of life is something you like and you don’t mind the art too much, then it could easily be a 9/10 for the later chapters.

Group Leader
If you like Ookami Heika no Hanayome or just want to practice your Japanese on a cute historical shoujo manga, we are desperately looking for translators. Please spread the word! Juzefa is no longer a student and has little time and our other translator is a part-timer, so we are effectively translator-less.
D18V5wyXQAAcpob.jpg

I'm sorry I'm so slow guys ;-; I'm nearly done with the chapter I'm translating, but unless we get someone else on this, I think you can just expect more sporadic releases of a few chapters at a time.

Somehow I managed to stop myself at chapter 51. I seriously cannot wait until it's fully translated. It reminds me of "Yona of the Dawn" atmosphere. 10/10 so far.

11/10
So great, perfect balance of drama and comedy and romance, the couple is adorable and the other characters are funny too

I've followed this manga for years and always enjoyed it, but after chapter 67, I was really weirded out and dropped it for a good minute.
I mean, he locks her in a cage because if he doesn't "he didn't know what she might do next." Like WTF. He's treating her like she's some wild animal. And even though he claims later that the door was never locked, I don't really believe it. That was incredible creepy to me. And then the more I thought about it, the king is like that for the entire story. Controlling, manipulative, withholding info, lying, making romantic sounding excuses for his behavior, intentionally making her uncomfortable... Yeah, I know he's the wolf king and that's the idea of his character, but I like Yuurin a lot, and she deserves more than receiving a love confession while locked in a prison that the man she loves put her in.
I don't think that I can enjoy this story as much as I used to.

Group Leader
@zephyr247 I definitely get what you mean. There's a bit more content about that time in the upcoming specials at the end of volume 14 that give some insights into his thoughts.

Great to see this title getting picked up again. I finished this story a long time ago but doesn't hurt to read it all over again. xD
The last princess is probably the funniest arc of all. I'm not a fan of rivals so I was worried for a second when she came in but thank god it's not the typical shoujo-route of a rival
The Princess of Enha actually ends up becoming friends with Yulin and possibly "liking" her a bit too much for the Wolf King's comfort xD

Users who are viewing this thread