Ookami no Musume - Vol. 3 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
Whoa, I was not sure expecting back to back releases like this! Lucky us, I guess :thumbsup:

I really liked the tension in this chapter, knowing that while things seem stable for now time continues to move along. Still plenty of time for cute along the way though :glee:

One minor per peeve of mine: there's a "loosing" on page 18 that should be "losing". The voice in my head always gets tripped up by that :lul:

Thanks for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
So dad when full werewolf. Sad :(

Also, white wolf guy is kind pissing me off. FMC is going through a lot right now and White wolf is just came in to drag her away like some fucking cave man.
Why i am thinking that there is a trap here, the smell in the amulet finished ... maybe they want that she share same destiny that his father

Dex-chan lover
Why i am thinking that there is a trap here, the smell in the amulet finished ... maybe they want that she share same destiny that his father
Your guess is as good as mine.

The LAST thing want to see FMC to get caught in some stupid tug of war between the white and black wolf clans because her "special grey" coat makes both sides want to mount her.

Dex-chan lover
Your guess is as good as mine.

The LAST thing want to see FMC to get caught in some stupid tug of war between the white and black wolf clans because her "special grey" coat makes both sides want to mount her.
If the father disappeared when Hayate was five and I remember the ages correctly... there's a non zero likelihood that he's Tsukina's father too :thonk::wtf:

Dex-chan lover
Okay, since Kirito doesn't have a good grasp of how the human world works, the easy answer to give him would be that they are hiding their status as mates from people due to human rules. Even if he accepted the answer, Kirito could still be suspicious of them, causing friction. I doubt they'll go that route though. ;w;

We got a lot of unusual tidbits of information this chapter: the scent of the charm changing/fading and the unfortunate state Hayate's father ended up in. With regards to the charm, it could be something as simple as Tsukina becoming accustomed to the scent. At most, this could cause them to lose the efficacy for preventing or reversing the shapeshifting. Perhaps over exposure to that very mixture of herbs is what leads to permanent wolf mode?

I'd be disappointed if that happens. So far this story has been quite enjoyable and to have such an overused cliche thrown in the mix would put a dampener on it. ;m;

Dex-chan lover
If the father disappeared when Hayate was five and I remember the ages correctly... there's a non zero likelihood that he's Tsukina's father too :thonk::wtf:
Let's please assume that, since these werewolves are born human, they can't breed in wolf-mode. ;w;
But if this rears is ugly head, I'm going to be so ticked.

Dex-chan lover
Let's please assume that, since these werewolves are born human, they can't breed in wolf-mode. ;w;
I'm with you there. I'm 95% certain the father will be involved in her background somehow, but an actual blood relation is hopefully not it.

I need to...be more discerning in what genres I read, I think :huh:

Dex-chan lover
Kodama Yuki has never really shyed away from dysfunctional relationships, but I have never felt slighted or betrayed by her portrayal of them. You may disagree with the characters decisions, but you understand what led them there and why they did it. I’m just curious of how they will placate Kirito, them not being mates does not necessitate Tsukina having to go with him.

Hopefully they also mention the fact that she has been having some difficulties so she couldn’t take time to visit him while her own situation was unstable.

Dex-chan lover
Whoa, I was not sure expecting back to back releases like this! Lucky us, I guess :thumbsup:

I really liked the tension in this chapter, knowing that while things seem stable for now time continues to move along. Still plenty of time for cute along the way though :glee:

One minor per peeve of mine: there's a "loosing" on page 18 that should be "losing". The voice in my head always gets tripped up by that :lul:

Thanks for the TL!
Had some free time this week. But, apparently not enough free time to fully proofread 🥴 It has now been fixed!

Dex-chan lover
Okay, since Kirito doesn't have a good grasp of how the human world works, the easy answer to give him would be that they are hiding their status as mates from people due to human rules. Even if he accepted the answer, Kirito could still be suspicious of them, causing friction. I doubt they'll go that route though. ;w;
I think we along with Hayate and Tsukina don't give Kirito enough credit. He mentions that he used to go into the city quite a lot to run errands for his grandpa. He also has a good grasp of the modern language which lead me to believe that he probably has a decent amount of knowledge on society. I mean the kid can even drive!

Dex-chan lover
Judging from Kodama's other works, I don't think that's the route it will go.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter deepens the problems Tsukina is facing, to me at least. Yes, it looks like a bad tug-of-war right now, but I think it's going to show that she needs to pick herself up and think about what's to come. She's only been running, and going with Kirito is just more running. The practical side of me says she needs to ensure she at least has that high school diploma; the emotional side of me says she needs to have a real chat with her parents. Neither is going to happen at the winery or with Kirito.

What I do like, though, is that we're getting more good questions as we go. Hayate's father might have left some good notes behind. Kirito might be able to tell us more if the trio can get over this struggle between themselves. And so on. (But goodness, Hayate and Tsukina better not be half-siblings.)

And once again the trope of everybody believing Tsukina and Hayate are a couple, it’s quite funny. It’s too early for them, to even address their dynamic.

I didn’t thought much of Tsukina’s charm when the official magazine came out, until some of you mentioned why it just lose its scent. I sort thought it dried eventually but it could be something else?

It seems Kirito aside of being the white wolf, might be also linked to Hayate’s father dissapearance. I’m sure his notebook has a lot of uncovered information and why the ritual is crucial to the story.

Now Kirito wants Tsukina back as a mate it’s adorable, but this is not the typical love triangle. Guy is lonely and he just made new friends, plus his way of thinking is a bit different cuz he isn’t a city boy. If so, it just shows that Tsukina has a main issue regarding communication and hopefully, she learns to communicate much better eventually.

Also, Kirito is aware she is a gray wolf. He definitely knows something.

Dex-chan lover
I'm intrigued about Kirito's role in this story. Even though some might view him antagonistically, I think there are immense possibilities on his route because we follow Tsukina pretty closely, less so with Hayate, but very little with Kirito.

Not to mention, Kirito was the first wolf to come see Tsukina. I want to make sense of that encounter and their potential connection. Yuki-sensei definitely made a strong impression with this character for me.

And thank you as always @earlbay!

Users who are viewing this thread