Ookami no Musume - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
I think that's easier said than done. Hayate knows the village that Kirito lives around and yet it still took him days to find her. Kirito lives deep in the mountains and would probably take Tsukina, who has zero survival skills, days to find where there's even other people.

We also have to remember that there are other creatures native to the woods of Japan that someone like Tsukina would not be able to handle.
Perhaps, but perhaps not.

It's one thing to find and track the scent of a specific truck and another to follow the scent of tires, oil, or gasoline. Sniffing the truck to get an idea of what she's looking for should be enough to get her by.

Wolves in general are also pretty good at going without food. For example, amongst Grey Wolves, over 80% of hunting attempts end unsuccessfully. As long as Tsukina maintained wolf mode, she should have no trouble going without food for a few days. Admittedly, actually attempting such a feat is another story.

As for encountering other wildlife, Tsukina's biggest issue would be running into boars or bears - both of which she could easily avoid in wolf mode by simply fleeing. Despite what fiction would have one believe, neither of these creatures would go out of their way to chase a fleeing wolf. Similarly, prey species know when they're being eyed by a predator. If Tsukina avoided them, they'd avoid her. Health is precious in the wild - no creature would go out of the way to engage in a fight and risk injury.

So is it possible? I think so.
Would Tsukina actually try it considering how uncomfortable she is with her wolf mode outside of play? Absolutely not. XD

To me it seems Kirito is just not your typical wolf, he probably has some special powers that we aren’t aware yet. Just notice how he took Tsukina away to a very remote place.

I guess Tsukina got too comfortable at the woods, but I feel she isn’t ready yet to deal with a different world like that. Could also be a form of avoidance to her main issue with her parents.

Hayate going to find her on his own, is so admirable. Probably took him days. Can’t deny I am a Hayate stan at its finest. But imagine the responsibility he and his family own of taking care of Tsukina. There is no choice, but she must come back.

I do agree the series is a bit frustrating, can't say where this might be going at all, but I believe we might find more answers soon.

Dex-chan lover
Lots of interesting opinions going in so many directions here.
I think I'd rather wait and see what happens before I cast too much judgment. I hope that this moment in the story is more of a bump in the road that forces Tsukina to make some choices, instead of the men choosing for her. I said a bit back that Tsukina has been running away from choices. I think it still holds true. She keeps procrastinating because she doesn't know what to do.
If anything, I think how messy it all is really portrays life at its essence. No one communicates perfectly. We all hesitate and stumble. We just tend to do it without kidnapping.

Dex-chan lover
Lots of interesting opinions going in so many directions here.
I think I'd rather wait and see what happens before I cast too much judgment. I hope that this moment in the story is more of a bump in the road that forces Tsukina to make some choices, instead of the men choosing for her. I said a bit back that Tsukina has been running away from choices. I think it still holds true. She keeps procrastinating because she doesn't know what to do.
If anything, I think how messy it all is really portrays life at its essence. No one communicates perfectly. We all hesitate and stumble. We just tend to do it without kidnapping.
You get it :cool: Kodama sensei has NEVER let me down!

Dex-chan lover
As for encountering other wildlife, Tsukina's biggest issue would be running into boars or bears - both of which she could easily avoid in wolf mode by simply fleeing. Despite what fiction would have one believe, neither of these creatures would go out of their way to chase a fleeing wolf. Similarly, prey species know when they're being eyed by a predator. If Tsukina avoided them, they'd avoid her. Health is precious in the wild - no creature would go out of the way to engage in a fight and risk injury.
There are other "creatures" besides those...😉

Dex-chan lover
I really like these two chapters on Kirito. I've been curious about him since the start. I'm not paying that much attention on the romance and kidnapping or trafficking thus far. (Maybe, my bad.) I'm more interested in the differences in the living environments, lifestyles, potential life philosophies behind these characters and representations Yuki-sensei has and tries to portray.

I've been thinking about Kirito's loneliness (and maybe of Akina and Hayate too), the nature of animals living in societies which are both us humans and wolves, the nature and its appreciation, the incorporation in and assimilation to human society, and how I can imagine and relate to all of these.

At the beginning of this chapter, I suddenly think of Pompoko by Isao Takahata. I love Takahata and his works have always leave some strong impressions in me (except Graves of the Fireflies, cause I can't bring myself to watch it). They are both gentle, sometimes usual and normal, but they make you think about the similarities, albeit different ways and styles of story-telling. But at its core, I find it thought-provoking, gentle and quite poignant.

Thank you @earlbay -san for your wonderful scanlations! I look forward to the development of this series. And I especially like how there are not (maybe, yet) many characters. This way, I can focus.

Users who are viewing this thread