Ookami wa Nemuranai - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

@doomrider7 you will began to hate her soon.
I read the WN and Eda will be the focused for the next 10 volumes, not sure how that translates in chapters though. Basically, Lecan has to babysit her and he becomes attached, he no longer wants to continue his adventures or his original goal of finding his friend who also got teleported in chapter 1. Were like 14 vols translated in the WN and he has not yet try to leave the city, even though they kept teasing us about Ruby story or neighbor kingdoms.

@alacaelum its not so much her annoying character, but
she literally stalls the story, Lecan ditches his goals and starts to babysit her for the next 10+ volumes. She is with him every freaking chapter. By ditching his goals, i mean he doesn't even leave that one city, prety much settles down and totally forgot about his friend that was teleported along with him or the Ruby story, which is way more interesting.

Dex-chan lover
@Pen3 Well i see your point, but personally i am a patient person, what would annoy me really is if during all that there isnt some good moment.

Can you give me a hint if there are still some of those?

About Pen3's comments.
There's no Ruby story, there never was a Ruby story. She exists, somewhere out in the world, but it's not like meeting her is a goal of Lecan's. Reuniting with Boud isn't really a goal of Lecan's either, I think he figures it will just happen when and if it happens. Lecan has literally never mentioned those characters since the first few chapters/volumes, outside of a couple passing thoughts about each of them.

Eda doesn't stall the story. Lecan's goals are to learn magic, learn potion making, and fight through and clear labyrinths for loot and self training. He actually doesn't do any of those until after he actually meets Eda, and he learns only the beginnings of magic and potion making before taking on Eda as a disciple. His first labyrinth clear, which was solo, happens after he starts teaching Eda. Eda as his student is actually a plot device to force him to interact with others. She is pretty useful to have around as well.

That said there's a lot of chapters in which she's not around at all, like when he does the solo Labyrinth clear (30 floors), or the whole time he does the Labyrinth of Swords with Arios (120ish floors.)

The only thing Lecan doesn't really want to do that might be stalling the story is go to the Royal Capital, and that's not Eda related at all. He's just afraid of Yakulbend, I think because Shira said that Yakulbend would be interested in meeting him. Or maybe he's instinctively avoiding something else in the capital, I'm not entirely sure myself.

What Pen3 is referring to as volumes are actually much shorter than you might think. Each episode has 10-20 shorter chapters, of which anywhere from 1-3 might be in a single narou chapter update. This manga chapter for instance, covers the last chapter of episode 2 (2.11) and goes most of the way through 3.5.

Fed-Kun's army
I think the slow pacing is wonderful. The world is building. The MC and every character decision and action make sense. The ability and capability of everyone and everything is in a beautifully believable limit. And the test for MC isn't killing some magical beast, but to move bolder for meager pay? Wonderful. I'm off to read the novel.

@godturtleom
that lv30 dungeon didnt even take up an entire chapter.... he met the knights 1/4 into it and by the end of the chapter he was already back home. If you remove all the chapters with Eda, its probably only 20 chapters of Lecan actually doing something. The story was good at the start, but became boring after he took in Eda. I find it hard to not think there is a Ruby story, they author kept teasing us and we still don't know why she gave a family heirloom to him. Its obvious that she knows its very valuable and i can guarantee there is much more to it. That alone is more interesting than anything Eda related for the past 130 chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
Being read everything today and it gave me such a rush.
@Pen3
A little disappointed that the story will take that direction but its good to get a heads up I guess. Hopefully, despite that, I hope it will still be entertaining.

Welp that's pretty much all the good stuffs. Now the story will go a bit down hill for some times now. I don't hate Eda but she's not exactly lovable either.

Aggregator gang
damn, this manga is always serius, so that monkey scene makes me laugh hard

Aggregator gang
Why is there a 1 day limit on the quest, Does the guild not want people to finish it? The payout is low and its basically impossible to do for a normal person. What is the logic behind this???

Users who are viewing this thread