Ookami wa Nemuranai

Wow this is really good. Great character and really well done setting. Execution of the usual concepts was solid. Looks like I'm gonna continue the novel.

Crazy good art style too.

Freaking love the Story, artwork, character and the design especially the design of Lecan, also wonder in the continuous story Lecan will finally able to Regroup with Baud

Contributor
Great story, though it ends so soon that I wouldn't recommend starting it unless you have nothing else to read.

This was awesome! I recommend it if you're looking for a short adventure.
Story was quick and short | Art is a 10/10 I loved the looks of the magical beast | Main character is badass and likable. Reminded me of Geralt from The Witcher.
I hope I can find more expert level adventurers manga where the main character isn't just op.

Great manga, but its a short one. I hate short stories, almost as much as I hate prequels. I do not recommend unless you do not mind finding somthing really good only to blast through it in an hour or so and be aware that it is over and will never continue. A real pity to see such a waste. There should be a label for short manga's like this one, unlike one shots tags. I have to give it 6/10, it is my opinion on this but bad reads can be skipped but its truly a sin to waste a good potential like this one had. Even the description is some what misleading thinking there was more to this story as I am yet to find any continuations of this story/character.

NOOOO!! Why did they put that "End" tag in there? I really expected this to be as long as Berserk or Dorohedoro at least.

I'm hoping that if the Web novel finishes that they make a LN, and with that either continuing the manga or an anime at some point. Wolf Won't Sleep is such a good read and the art for this was in a very nice looking unique style.

I’m getting tired of this “Go read the fucking LN” kinda shit. What a dick move.

Double-page supporter
The start felt like Berserk/Witcher mix, I was really hoping to see more of it.
Was quite disheartened with the whole master thing, story felt fairly rushed after that.

8/10: I was looking forward for more stories, even short ones, just helping people, fighting monsters - trying to find oneself.
It's shame that most stories lack that kind of depth or development.

https://mangadex.org/title/27114/henkyou-no-roukishi-bard-loen from the same author is really enjoyable, can highly encourage others to read it.

Group Leader
For those interested in reading the Web Novel the breakthough between Volume 7 CH19 and Volume 8 CH1 is a good place to start. It's about the point in the Manga where he obtains the "golden potion" from the 30th floor but from there the story progresses in a slightly different direction (obviously because they had to end the manga so they cut out the setup for the next development and filled it with Sheila's backstory)

As for the Manga it self it's a good read, a very refreshing take on the Isekai genre where the protag is not a horny Japanese teen nor an old Japanese man unsatified with his past life. Instead, Wolf is an inhabitant of an already fantasy world, that gets transported into another one that operates under different principles. He doesn't get any OP isekai skills however as he is already a seasoned adventurer with years of expirience he does mange to adapt him self quiet well. The world building feels a little vague so far but I would say that it's not bad and that vagueness may even be it's stronger side. Instead of forcfully establishing typical restricting isekai tropes and wasting the readers time only to break the rules later anyway here we have a much slower introduction to the different rules of the world that flows with the story a lot better and has more potential to be expanded upon later on.

It's sad that this didn't get a continued as there are much worse stories that reach insane amount of volumes for what they are... Though I must say that people in the comments who rage about this ending or even rate it down for being short are even more upsetting. Still the overall rating of this is quiet hight so they are a minority.

Users who are viewing this thread