Ookami wa Nemuranai

Read ahead a decent bit in the WN (ep 43), this becomes more of a slice of life but remains engaging. Good character development for leads and new interesting characters are brought in.

The little princess from the beginning is referenced multiple times by the author. So far has not brought her back and its depressing because I want to know what has happened to her.

@Pen3
She gets better as she matures but its still several months out in the story.

After reading so far ahead I can't help but appreciate what the artist has done. They have been able to capture the emotion from characters and the world very well.
Especially Eda, shes an annoying shit right now but the world is very dark for her.
Its not something my unimaginative brain can bring to life like this artist has. Looking forward to future releases of this and other works from the artist.

@airmobius
I went to read some of the novel comments and it seems like nothing has changed, you can read vol2 and skip to vol 26 and pretty much nothing has happened in the story. I was skeptical so i went to read a few chapters from vol26 and they were right. Lecan still hanging around Shiras house as a couch potato and Eda still annoying as ever. Not sure how many dungeon he as explored since the first one, but that one started and he ended back home in half of a chapter..

It seems the Lecan from vol1 is gone and lost all his drive. Fuck his mission statement from chapter 1, Fuck his goal of exploring the new world, Fuck Ruby's story, Fuck looking for the friend of his that also got transferred to the world. Just gonna chill out at Shiras place with Eda for the first 50 volumes, which actually sounds realistic.

@pen3 Its missing A LOT of details but this will give you the discount cliff notes between vol2 and 40.

As i said it turns into a slice of life. Each episode usually only covers about a week to month at most, episodes have around 10-15 short chapters. He spent a year at Ruby's house but the author never went into any real detail about that time. His time as Shiras apprentice only covers about a year. After Eda is kidnapped and he kills a bunch of nobles he becomes her legal guardian and she then becomes a medical apprentice to Norma. During the time with Norma is when Eda starts to change as she is exposed to the nobles and the church when it comes to purification users. That happens between ep 10-20 I think, Shira's backstory also is reviled around 23 I believe. Who then deals with former apprentices finding out she is still alive. So 23-30 is Shiras arc. There are multiple visits to a few dungeons during this time. Lecan goes on about a 6 month dungeon crawl towards the end of his time with Shira who then disappears for a while and only occasionally resurfaces for plot reasons.

Several other characters are introduced during while this is going on. Lecans history is further explained. Him being a Prince, and learning he cant dungeon crawl without worthy companion such as Baud. Which he actively struggles with. He also comes across someone from his world (which lets him know Baud may not actually be in this world) as he crawls one dungeon and ends up in a fight with high ranking nobles at the same time . As that part is wrapping up in the late 30s eps he gets more involved with royalty, other noble families, and country politics that actively attempt to assassinate him.

His primary goal was to fight dungeons, secondary was to find Baud and learn medicine production in this world which he is able to accomplish with Shira. Another goal was added when he learned that humans are able to be taught magic in this world, so he also works on that while he is training to be a medicine man. Its just the time line for this seems a lot longer than what is actually going on as he approaches his 3rd year in another world.

@pen3
Nope. Like I said in the original comment. 43 episodes, multiple mentions of her but no Ruby. Which sucks because its been alluded to several times that the trading of their jewels has altered her life.

So far, the story really isn’t the best but it’s sort of interesting I guess. The art is good though. The MC is just another Gary Sue where nothing bad will happen to him which heavily damages the story’s stakes. He also doesn’t really have a personality as far as I can tell, as well as all of the other side characters. I went into this story with relatively high expectations since the art really captivated me with its dark grittiness but I was kind of disappointed. It’s just another generic medieval fantasy world with no real, immersive world-building—cultures, religions, food, history, and other things of the sort. So far, no compelling plot, no motive, no end-goal, just the MC going around killing things and doing stuff. I have to admit that it was still pretty enjoyable to read though.

Dex-chan lover
did the series got cancelled ? because legit i saw the latest raw said "the story continued to the novel"

@ispcizero3rd yeah it's cancelled unfortunately :( If only this was more popular I suppose, the pacing is a bit too slow for most shounen type readers I suppose. Have to try to read the novel now....

If you can look past the annoying logic that happens in chapter 5, then keep reading, he doesnt do it again.

But unfortunatly this has been canceled, even though the art was beautiful, publishers favor absoulute trash like boruto after all.

Also the protagonist is older, isn't heroic, isn't chasing some grand overarching goal, and there's no romance. Women aren't fanservicey or falling all over the protagonist either. I adore this comic and I'm sad it's cancelled, but that's probably a recipe for not being popular with the shonen demographic. It was a refreshing change from other fantasy manga.

@ispcizero3rd nah man all I know is that theres a chapter 16 that says final goodbye or something and it ends up saying inside "Continued in the Novel"

Fed-Kun's army
this somehow feels like The Witcher... guess i will go look for the novel

Man it had potential. even thou some things were bland, it was interesting and the art was amazing.

0ps

RIP, sad to see this end as I enjoyed the art and MC.

The fact this manga got cancelled due to being unpopular (as of what i heard) is really beyond me.

it was really just "perfect"

I recommend that you read it, do not get too attached to the manga since it got cancelled as i said. i read it knowing it was cancelled and i got too attached Sadgely

Users who are viewing this thread