Ookumo-chan Flashback - Vol. 6 Ch. 30 - What Do You Mean "What?"? Today Is February 14th, Right?

Ninomae is on her way from “Good day, Ookumo-san” to “Your son calls me mommy too ;3”

Dex-chan lover
Man, Ookumo-sensei is so squarely in my wheelhouse it's insane.

Double-page supporter
Ninomae has a plan and is executing it to full effect. My boy doesn't even realize he's already lost this battle.

Double-page supporter
@gregger

Earlier in the manga Minai looked like she might be part of the romance plot, but she quickly became Ninomaes support.

The importance of the chocolate incident was that Suzuki assumed it might be from Ninomae.

Dex-chan lover
@Blackseven
Yeah, I know it was to make him have second guesses on whether Ninomae gave it,
but I'm thinking that if that part was removed from the plot of this chapter, it wouldn't really effect it so much? Since Ninomae gave him chocolates at the end.
It didn't really add anything to the story that Minai gave chocolates too him.

so it you took it out it would be:
Mom gives chocolates > Suzuki meets Ninomae at the clubroom > secret kiss of Ninomae > ending

So for me, the additional chocolates from Minai had no effect on the main progression of the storyline, that's why I'm thinking it might be a curveball of the author to hint a possible romance for Minai, even if she does technically give to all the clubmembers. We'll just have to look out for her "eye" logo in future chapters I guess

Dex-chan lover
@Gregger
The point of the unknown chocolate was to get Minoru's thoughts on receiving it from other girls. It's a look into his head space that Ninomae was the first girl that he thought of. It's character writing to show us how his line of thinking has changed. Character writing is the bulk and backbone of this story.

Minai's chocolate didn't move the plot forward but it did keep to her in character as a link between Minoru and Ninomae. She as been trying to play wingwoman well over ten chapters by now. Like Minoru mirrors his father and Nonomae, his mother; Minai mirrors her friend, the editor.

Dex-chan lover
I want that cat sweater.
And the one wearing it.

And for some reason I get bothered when Minai's eyes are showing in public. It lowers her moé value.

Users who are viewing this thread