Opinions on the phrase "Okay, boomer."

@Hornyturtle ; No, serious - I swear there was an article on a Tide Pod edibility, according to scientists, that around 60% said that they could safely consume Tide Pods despite their stomachs having severe issues with them - the other 40% or so had coughed them up or ejected them from their systems.

And I want to comment on the last bit, but that's defeat the purpose of explaining what "okay, boomer" means. 👀

The tide pod thing is nothing but a distraction. It's like pointing at the game chicken and thinking it's relevant to the discussion. Some kids/people are stupid, noone will disagree with that @kitsune_hellscythe

I dunno, it actually happened so I doubt it's just a disctaction... @Hornyturtle

So consensus is that it's a phrase used by a generation of people who refuse to listen as an insult, towards a generation that also refuses to listen? 🤔

Consensus confirmed - have a nice day. 😏

Is it possible to ask for maybe a thread lock before someone comes in and tries to start anything? Or is it too early and we have to wait for someone to actually cause problems? 🤔

You think knowing about an extremely small percentage of kids eating tide pods makes you enlightened. Debating with you is a waste of time

The point of that was the fact that it was current generation that came up with the idea, not how old the people were that decided to participate - thanks, though. 👌🏻

Dex-chan lover
Do you know why I call my Dad A "Boomer" because he calls me A Twink just because I am a male Model. So I don't think it's Just Old People having it rough.

You can respond to

"Okay boomer"

with

"Duh"
doo dooo doodoo doodoo
*Billy Ellish reference

My interpretation of the meme is that it may have been a subtle response to the over use of the generational nickname Millennial with disregard of circumstances, though i personally learned about it and knew about it never used it and even though my parents are Boomers they didn't even knew the 2000's kids had been nicknamed Millennials most likely due to my country having another mother tongue.

What's funny is that Boomer generation were known to receive an earful from their parent generation because of their lack of productivity this is well recorded in history at least i learned about it from an history class, you can have a laugh of two with "All in the Family" comedy series that depicts the Boomer generation young and their parent generation.

Though "Okay Boomer" was an adequate answer to the generational nagging it's wrong use also appeared and still appears in daily life.

Users who are viewing this thread