Option to exclude mangas from my library in advanced search [Rejected] (technical reasons, dev reply)

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jun 12, 2024
Messages
121
I'm usually looking through rather niche tag groups and more often than not, I have about 80% of the manga already in my library. I think it would be great to simply filter out the ones that are already "reading" or "dropped" or "In Library", for less clutter in search results.

Basically toggle box that checks if title is already in your library, and if it is, hide it from results of "Advanced search".
It probably should put less strain on website than searching through specific library tags, but idk.

mod note: merged into thread
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jun 12, 2024
Messages
121
I did use the search feature and couldn't find anything that would answer my question.
Anyway thanks for the answer.

mod note: merged into thread
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jul 13, 2026
Messages
58
From excluding reading to find new titles, excluding dropped from showing, searching a vast library or to looking for titles outside of the entire library, an option to advanced search for this should make it easier to navigate the site.

mod note: merged into existing thread
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jun 19, 2020
Messages
948
If I'm reading this thread right, is the Library put together via searching a list of every manga and comparing each against a list of user*user reading status? Or is the Library made a different way?

I've been hoping for a while for advanced search functionality to be added to the Library itself (since my Library has around ~2000 manga among reading+completed+plan to read), and I would assume the list returned after creating the Library would be something that can be stored client-side and then searched on directly there where any search would have to go through vastly fewer manga than a search through everything. Is a function like that possible? Or is there no (easy) way to temporarily store a client-side manga list like that to search through?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top