Orcsen Oukoku Shi ~Yaban na Orc no Kuni wa, Ikanishite Heiwa na Elf no Kuni o Yakiharau ni Itatta ka~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Group Leader
Ooo nice twist I hope the rumors they heard about them being lustful and w.e were all lies made by humans and elves so they wouldn't ally with each other. Not much I can say about the TL without the source and never been confident in my Grammer. Lettering seems off. Thanks for sharing this gem.

Dex-chan lover
The translations are fine, done a good job imo.

However, the story is... I am with the other guy when he says, "shitty light novelesque writing". Overall seems like a fairly standard start of the story - left is right, up is down and the supposedly good guys are actually evil - story #99.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda crazy how everyone immediately jumped at comparing this to WW2 and Nazis. This manga seems much more like WW1 with its pointlessness and intra-country genocides, and honestly even that's not a great comparison.

The muskets look Napoleonic, a lot of the designs look late Russian Empire and Prussian, and the warfare looks early 19th century. Plus the story so far seems like partisans fighting against their own government before fleeing to a hostile neighbor not currently at war.

TL;DR: This manga is a mix of several different time periods and peoples, cause it's building it's own settting. Maybe there will be more parallels with the World Wars later on, but right now it's just an interesting premise that needs time to breathe and develop.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Killing Nazi stand in = fascism
????????
It's a predictive judgement on my part. We've got a world war pastiche but the inexplicably german orcs in this fantasy setting are being portrayed as misunderstood good guys who were only stereotyped as evil, so it could go downhill real fast. Fascists are typically motivated by delusions of what they perceive as ethnic replacement of their own people, so a fascist author creating a scenario where a group is out to destroy them and then spending the rest of the story revelling in how they get to "justly" murder that group in return is pretty much what you'd expect. Could prove me wrong, just a vibes based hunch, but given the middle school level writing on display I'm not holding out hope.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for going out on a limb and translating this chapter. Quality-wise I don't have an experienced eye to know if the translation itself is off so no complaints there. The text was a little crowded in the chat bubbles on some of the pages but nothing really worth complaining about.

As for the manga itself, the art quality is good, the artist is definitely experienced. "Fantasy but with early gun level technology" is uncommon enough to be interesting on its own, though I'm worried that they might have already played all of their interesting twists in the first chapter by subverting the standard personality tropes of elves and orcs. But I suppose they have plenty of other fantasy races for the story to explore and world-build around.

Users who are viewing this thread