Orcsen Oukoku Shi ~Yaban na Orc no Kuni wa, Ikanishite Heiwa na Elf no Kuni o Yakiharau ni Itatta ka~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Fertile Land

Dex-chan lover
Please, Please... don't f**cking shoehorn-in Isekai. This is perfect as it is... we don't need the Generic Japanese Office Man that reincarnated as a monster and even with his lack of intelligence, somehow knows all the nucs and crannies of a being a political leader, merchant, engineer and warlord...

Edit: It literally has the Isekai Tag. Sh**t!!!... Why can't they just make Fantasy stories? Why they have to forcibly add Isekai just for Self-insertion purposes?
Tbf if it's done nicely I don't mind isekai being used as a shortcut to explain why the king seems to be so different from other orcs. Also, it can make a good premise for character arcs.

Dex-chan lover
Tbf if it's done nicely I don't mind isekai being used as a shortcut to explain why the king seems to be so different from other orcs. Also, it can make a good premise for character arcs.
90% of the time is not well implemented, they make basically no back story to his previous life, to the point that sometimes they don't even had a face or name, and the only relevant thing is that "He was Japanese" and they make him as Generic and average as possible so the main target demographic (average Japanese Bois) Can self-insert in the story.

Is just a lame marketing stunt that they have been doing since isekai started to get popular in japan. A lot of the most popular isekai make use of that (That time I reincarnated as a Slime, Overlord, Etc.) Also there are infinite better and more creative ways that they can explain why he is different without using isekai.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

The reason he is this way actually makes sense both as a japanese man and an orc but its only revealed at the end once all the wars are done.

The story is pretty much the story of the legendary founder of the orc nation.

Dex-chan lover
"Hoarding food as expected of those gluttonous orcs" like shut the fuckkkkk up bitch you just got saved, at least be neutral, i should dump your ass back into the forest 😭
Nothing wrong with hoarding food actually. People living in first world countries have no idea how hard food was to come by. I recall hearing stories during my parents time where chicken was only served during important festivals like the new year. The everyday food is just sweet potatoe and random assortment of vegetables from the backyard. Daily proteins were usually from eggs reared from free range chickens in the backyard.

Please, Please... don't f**cking shoehorn-in Isekai. This is perfect as it is... we don't need the Generic Japanese Office Man that reincarnated as a monster and even with his lack of intelligence, somehow knows all the nucs and crannies of a being a political leader, merchant, engineer and warlord...

Edit: It literally has the Isekai and Reincarnation Tag. Sh**t!!!... Why can't they just make Fantasy stories? Why they have to forcibly add Isekai just for Self-insertion purposes? It was so close to be a perfect fantasy story with real world elements.
Hey, let them cook- they're doing something pretty well and letting the fact that it's isekai be something more complex then "poof im in the world now, time for harem"....it's supposed to be a mystery about this strange orc through the eyes of a natural resident which is always interesting to see when done right, only problem is that it's kinda obvious he's reincarnated and probably isn't feeling the ms piggies and furries, a nerd, former military man

Either way the story is fire and i don't think the actual isekai aspect is going to have the impact on a story it usually has (cringe)

Dex-chan lover
Hey, let them cook- they're doing something pretty well and letting the fact that it's isekai be something more complex then "poof im in the world now, time for harem"....it's supposed to be a mystery about this strange orc through the eyes of a natural resident which is always interesting to see when done right, only problem is that it's kinda obvious he's reincarnated and probably isn't feeling the ms piggies and furries, a nerd, former military man

Either way the story is fire and i don't think the actual isekai aspect is going to have the impact on a story it usually has (cringe)
That's exactly what I am afraid, that it will be so unnecessary that it will be very easy to tell that it's better with out it. As it is right now the manga is a really good fantasy story that is standing by it's own merits, if they add a very lame Isekai element with no actual impact to the story, it will be very obvious that it's just following trends for marketing reasons and that harms the overall value of the story imo.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So what leader is he? I'm sure that we can narrow it down to a billion with the whole "loves to smoke, read and eat"

Dex-chan lover
That's exactly what I am afraid, that it will be so unnecessary that it will be very easy to tell that it's better with out it. As it is right now the manga is a really good fantasy story that is standing by it's own merits, if they add a very lame Isekai element with no actual impact to the story, it will be very obvious that it's just following trends for marketing reasons and that harms the overall value of the story imo.

The reincarnated people actually has an effect but its so subtle and that what makes it fantastic. The story takes a grounded approach on how the isekai knowledge affects the world as I am sure that its not only the MC that were once reincarnated to this world.

As a result of multiple generations of isekai sharing their knowledge, the world is able to reach the industrial era not only for the orcs but to the other races like humans too. Its not like one orc can just uplift their society from a tribe to an industrial powerhouse. You can make an entire book about his journey on it but that would take more time than the author can afford.

Dex-chan lover
The reincarnated people actually has an effect but its so subtle and that what makes it fantastic. The story takes a grounded approach on how the isekai knowledge affects the world as I am sure that its not only the MC that were once reincarnated to this world.

As a result of multiple generations of isekai sharing their knowledge, the world is able to reach the industrial era not only for the orcs but to the other races like humans too. Its not like one orc can just uplift their society from a tribe to an industrial powerhouse. You can make an entire book about his journey on it but that would take more time than the author can afford.
Are you saying that's what happens or you are guessing? Were there multiple isekai'd people? And I am not saying it can't be done well, but most of the time it is not and is just a marketing tool.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Are you saying that's what happens or you are guessing? Were there multiple isekai'd people? And I am not saying it can't be done well, but most of the time it does not and is just a marketing stunt.

Its kind of a spoiler. Sorry if I didnt put a spoiler on it. But that is essentially the orc mc's monologue after talking with the dark elf in the source novel.

Dex-chan lover
lol modern toilet

thanks!
Please, Please... don't f**cking shoehorn-in Isekai. This is perfect as it is... we don't need the Generic Japanese Office Man that reincarnated as a monster and even with his lack of intelligence, somehow knows all the nucs and crannies of being a political leader, merchant, engineer and warlord...

Edit: It literally has the Isekai and Reincarnation Tag. Sh**t!!!... Why can't they just make Fantasy stories? Why they have to forcibly add Isekai just for Self-insertion purposes? It was so close to be a perfect fantasy story with real world elements.
didn't notice the tag but i'd assume the reincarnated person would be the orc leader himself lol

Dex-chan lover
They immediately put the "Goofy eating Pluto (Hotdog in the '60s) " analogy here.

Users who are viewing this thread