Ore dake Fuguu Skill no Isekai Shoukan Hangyakuki ~Saijaku Skill "Kyuushuu" ga Subete o Nomikomu made~ - Ch. 56 - Incitement

Dex-chan lover
Is that oni girl a cannibal? Hard to say with how heterogeneous those oni might be.

Dex-chan lover
"Oni god" honestly sounds better in the original Japanese, "kishin". It's a term that's been used in other manga as is. Also, since you are leaving 鬼 in Japanese, only translating 神, it feels unbalanced. Either translate the whole term 鬼神 or transliterate it, the mix feels weird to read. Plus, "kishin" uses fewer characters which should help with typesetting.

Supporter
"Oni god" honestly sounds better in the original Japanese, "kishin". It's a term that's been used in other manga as is. Also, since you are leaving 鬼 in Japanese, only translating 神, it feels unbalanced. Either translate the whole term 鬼神 or transliterate it, the mix feels weird to read. Plus, "kishin" uses fewer characters which should help with typesetting.
Hmmm I do agree it sounds better in Japanese, I was just using Oni God to keep it consistent with previous translations. I might consider making the change the next time. Thanks for the recommendation!

Users who are viewing this thread