Ore dake Fuguu Skill no Isekai Shoukan Hangyakuki ~Saijaku Skill "Kyuushuu" ga Subete o Nomikomu made~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 33 - Nightmare

Dex-chan lover
We dont know that, since hero’s are summoned (as far as we know of) from Earth, we cant assume its a Japanese name just because. We dont know the gender and Rei doesnt make any sense based on how little we know of, so I made a language based decision. Btw, If Ray was used in previous chapters by the previous translators, would you have a biased opinion now?
I think the "biased opinion" comes from the fact that you told us that in jp, the name reads Rei. If the previous translators used Ray and we didn't know about the original, this wouldn't be a discussion since we would have lacked critical informations.

Besides, if previous translator used Ray directly and you changed it to Rei saying "original katakana reads as Rei, so I'm changing to that to stick to the original name" some users (me too, i'll admit) might now be criticizing them while praising you.

Also, as the other user said, Rei is a gender-neutral name, like Hiraki ,Hikaru and/or Ichigo for examples
w6aq85.png

27d9ph.png

vlg6oj.png

And, to end this small rant, you stated "from now on it will be Ray, katakana does read Rei but, I don't like it :p"....that's what really "bothers" me....it's like you're named John, but I will call you Joe because I don't like Jonh.....

Your translation is good and I thank you for your work, but maybe, stick to translating rather than changing things on your own accord

That hero wannabe always pissed me off, this whole thing wouldn't happen if he just abandoned the MC in the dungeon. He even had the audacity to say "reap what you sow". The character of this guy really juat pissed me off :shamihuh:

Supporter
I think the "biased opinion" comes from the fact that you told us that in jp, the name reads Rei. If the previous translators used Ray and we didn't know about the original, this wouldn't be a discussion since we would have lacked critical informations.

Besides, if previous translator used Ray directly and you changed it to Rei saying "original katakana reads as Rei, so I'm changing to that to stick to the original name" some users (me too, i'll admit) might now be criticizing them while praising you.

Also, as the other user said, Rei is a gender-neutral name, like Hiraki ,Hikaru and/or Ichigo for examples
w6aq85.png

27d9ph.png

vlg6oj.png

And, to end this small rant, you stated "from now on it will be Ray, katakana does read Rei but, I don't like it :p"....that's what really "bothers" me....it's like you're named John, but I will call you Joe because I don't like Jonh.....

Your translation is good and I thank you for your work, but maybe, stick to translating rather than changing things on your own accord
As soon as we get more information that can say that Im wrong, I’ll be the first to apologize and turn it back to “Rei” but as of now, we dont even know if the previous hero was even Japanese, so Rei wouldnt make sense since it was written in katakana, regardless of how gender neutral “Rei” is. From how the manga is using katakana for the names, there are situations where people from the empire at times have said the names of the heroes in katakana, like they are foreign entities (as one of the usages for katakana characters), for example you can read Nakatani both in Kanji and Katakana depending on the talker, if my memory is right “Rei” was used by one of the empire’s citizens, so it can be anything.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Seeing from the later chapter. The previous Hero's party member got mix of western and Japanese name.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
what in the actual fuck is going on in this manga. it keeps whiplashing from event to event in such an incoherent way

like why did it skip from mc meeting the black wolf leader to the foreign minister (elf) who is friendly with akane for some reason who was then told to check this random place underground where he then dies? like what the fuck

Dex-chan lover
That hero wannabe always pissed me off, this whole thing wouldn't happen if he just abandoned the MC in the dungeon. He even had the audacity to say "reap what you sow". The character of this guy really juat pissed me off :shamihuh:
He didn't abandon him, he setup Onizuka to kill him. So it's even worse.

I just don't get why the elf seems to have been killed off? What was the point of introducing him and all the machinations just to off him without really doing anything.

Dex-chan lover
I just don't get why the elf seems to have been killed off? What was the point of introducing him and all the machinations just to off him without really doing anything.
He’s not. But with this, his minister persona is dead, he can switch full time to the demon princess’ faction.

As soon as we get more information that can say that Im wrong, I’ll be the first to apologize and turn it back to “Rei” but as of now, we dont even know if the previous hero was even Japanese, so Rei wouldnt make sense since it was written in katakana, regardless of how gender neutral “Rei” is.
The woman who one-hit-kill the elf is Rei, the hero.
She was summoned from other world too. Her power is like what the heroes have, she can steal power from those she killed. She was still a typical nice person isekai MC though, until somewhere in the line when she got kind of crazy from things she had to do.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He’s not. But with this, his minister persona is dead, he can switch full time to the demon princess’ faction.

The woman who one-hit-kill the elf is Rei, the hero.
She was summoned from other world too. Her power is like what the heroes have, she can steal power from those she killed. She was still a typical nice person isekai MC though, until somewhere in the line when she got kind of crazy from things she had to do.
So the first one
That doesn't make much sense although I suspected they'd go down that route but if he has that ability to pretend to die and not get OHKO'd just wow

For the 2nd
That makes no sense to the corruption we just learned aobut, surely she'd have long decayed

Dex-chan lover
Ofc the author tries to give the scumbag a "sad" backstory. Either way, glad he's finally dead.
Thanks for the TL
It doesn’t seem like a bad thing though. It doesn’t justify what he did, but it does help explain it. Just because it’s understandable doesn’t mean that he’s ultimately redeemable.

It makes sense. A lot of bullies or twisted people are reflecting trauma they received in the past out in the present.

Dex-chan lover
Hero boy killed others for skills too
All they did was kill bandits anyway 🤷‍♀️

Users who are viewing this thread