Ore no Ie ga Maryoku Spot datta Ken: Sundeiru dake de Sekai Saikyou - Vol. 14 Ch. 177

Dex-chan lover
Territorialism in the scanlation scene is a story old as time. If someone is going to work on something then they should just do it because they want to and enjoy it, regardless if someone else is doing it.
While it's true that people can do whatever the hell they want, and these folks don't owe us free readers anything. But on the other hand, scanlation territorial-ism is just bad in general because it discourage / gatekeep new people from the scanlation scene.

It's just sad to see new blood dabbling in this hobby on some 7-month-abandoned series, and then the big group suddenly find their "motivation". Hard to go on when your little effort just pale in comparison to experienced people.

Then again, who am I to say what people should do with their free time?

-said me as I sat my ass over here reading free manga while (silently) judging bad practice.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The moment they get "sniped" after being inactive for 7 months, they release a new chapter... Because of course they are. It's always the same pattern with these scanlation groups that are too big.

Dex-chan lover
It's not that they owe anyone anything. It's more like the fact that someone stepped in to update the series and said they would at least do a few more chapters, and now they suddenly remember that this manga is something they've been translating? If they want to drop something, then just say it, don't suddenly pop back in to squash a new translation group from taking the obviously dropped reigns. So no, while they don't owe anything, it is a scum move.
Although I definitely agree to a lot of your points I have to argue against one point you made, your "squash a new translation group" to be specific, I'm sorry but mtl is not a translation group, I won't deny that shabbyplace seems to actually have put effort in good faith, but mtl will never really count as actual translation, the right choice is obvious.

Now, what we can do is that each time Mangasushi starts taking a while, we release a half assed mtl to bump the series and wake their lazy ass, we could even take turns doing that :dogkek:

Users who are viewing this thread