Ore no Ie ga Maryoku Spot datta Ken – Sundeiru dake de Sekai Saikyou - Vol. 5 Ch. 65

Group Leader
LOL I love how at the start of this chapter that princess literarly went into Annes shop, ate some sweets and left lmao.

Daichi's actions simply resulted in the redistribution of the country's existing wealth , no? it's not like he got money from any other country, right? doesn't that mean that it was kinda the royal family's job to do that? :p Ancient greek kings did it once or twice. They did press the reset button and redistributed everything equally but they still maintained a capitalistic economy so nobody could complain if they ended up poor after that since everyone's "starting line" was equal

Fed-Kun's army
@Mothified since his "protection" of the land is also a landlord's (king's, noble's etc.) duty. he has full right to collect taxes from said lands, so why not? There's a reason feudalism is so often compared to protection rackets.

@Morsealworth no, I mean, how is the nation getting richer since he's just taking money from the nation and redistributing it back to said nation? it's not like common merchants who visit have the money to buy the expensive stuff he or the other side characters make

Fed-Kun's army
@Mothified actually, I have an answer to that. Redistribution of wealth taken from the rich (and let's face it, only the rich would choose to afford the services in the first place) prevents the accumulation of the funds in the hands of those who would never use it in their lifetime and returns the currency back to the circulation, stimulating the actual production of goods and services. It's not mercantilism, it's closer to the trickle-down economy with more than a mere trickle.

@Morsealworth my point is, he sells to the rich people of a country and he buys from the rich people of the same country so isn't that recycle of wealth only between the wealthy? I mean, isn't this just a monopoly game and they make it seem as if the economy is being invigorated? It's not like the products he buys OR sells can be bought or sold by commoners

Fed-Kun's army
@Mothified And the rich person he bought from (the dragon) bought from the local market because it's closer than the rich people. And the local market also bought from the local market, including small businesses. And one market actor's expenditures are others' revenues. Those revenues don't only go to the profits for the rich, they also go to the salaries and purchases. So it does invigorate the economy as long as the part that goes to be stored in rich's treasuries is small enough. That cycle of spending helping the whole region is called a trickle-down economy and is the actual reason why off-shore countries prosper. Since the assholes who steal wealth from their own country actually provide a small part of it to everyone else wherever they use that money.

So even his personal items can't be bought or sold to commoners, our dragon lady does trade with them. For food, for example.

P.S. I must note you got the right word - monopoly. There are only two true enemies of the market - hoarding and consolidation. Hoarding stops the circulation of resources and is like a hematoma, Consolidation, both economical and political, is eating up everything and destroys the competition. It's like cancer.

@Morsealworth I am like 99% sure that the aristocracy does not have the same stores to shop from that the commonfolk do. Also, salaries were given by the aristocrats to their servants and such without the MCs appearance. It's not like the aristocrats didn't have money to give salaries in the first place. If the aristocrats wanted to buy meat they wouldn't buy it from the local butcher, they'd buy it from a trusted source to have the quality they would desire as aristocrats. also, it might be that the dragon lady gets her own food, considering that she is a dragon

Fed-Kun's army
@Mothified it probably would work that way in a bigger city, but our protagonist shops in a small frontier town. There are no exclusivity-crazy nobles here.

And I highly suspect the dragon lady doesn't have time to get her own food.

Fed-Kun's army
@Mothified BTW, where do you think the salaries for the servants go and where they come from? Especially since servants aren't the only employees in the system.
And even in the capital not everything a noble buys comes from the exclusive shops (especially since those shops have a very limited clientele). Most of the time servants just go shopping at the local markets to keep the estate stocked. Not to mention even those exclusive shops have employees, of course.

My point is, while those funnels for the money from the general cashflow towards the rich's coffers certainly exist, the whole point of the Yuuji's spending through the bunnyhouse is the fact that he adds a new flow from those coffers back to the general cashflow. And while that, in turn, indeed enriches the rich somewhere further the chain, it still add even a bit to the actual exchange of goods and services, and that in itself makes the lifeblood of the4 economy.
So while Yuuji isn't the centralised sewers, at the very least he's an emergency pump.

Dex-chan lover
Nothing like water infused with enough magic to boil flesh off humans and dragons...

Dex-chan lover
n5LeJPM.png

Floating kids anyone?

The author makes a short chapter and copy + pastes drawings onto a 3D background...editor-san time to get the whip

😄

Users who are viewing this thread