Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai - Vol. 9 Ch. 58 - Snowy Mountains of Guillain

Dex-chan lover
The rule that's never let me down is "stop reading the manga after the timeskip." It's always the timeskip where the writing goes pants-on-head retarded. I'm going to break the rule again and I'm going to be disappointed again.

Dex-chan lover
Oh do tell us, starting from Chapter 1.

Imagine time-skipping just to do a flashback. :pepela:

Nou

Dex-chan lover
Tf is up with the art style, it looks noticeably worse

Supporter
This really looks like unwise planning for volume 8 and 9. They rushed the end of 8 to reach the timeskip, then slowed the pacing waaay down for volume 9.
This, and any other similar replies: it’s the same in the web novels. Pacing makes a little more sense in the novel version, though you and the others are still right. To be fair they still cover what happened in the gap in the literal next scene as the dnd bard that we’re introduced to is about to show us after baiting the newbie to ask about Harolds past.

I fear the day we catch up on the text, I’m not entirely sure if the author continued it and how far.

Dex-chan lover
This, and any other similar replies: it’s the same in the web novels. Pacing makes a little more sense in the novel version, though you and the others are still right. To be fair they still cover what happened in the gap in the literal next scene as the dnd bard that we’re introduced to is about to show us after baiting the newbie to ask about Harolds past.

I fear the day we catch up on the text, I’m not entirely sure if the author continued it and how far.
I know. The pacing here is worse than the web novels.

Dex-chan lover
Oof. I was hoping the manga adaptation could do better pacing and piece together some later novel stuff to make the time skip less jarring.

Dex-chan lover
Oh I remember this part of the WN, but really don't remember what chapter it is.

Dex-chan lover
ah yes, pretend being controlled..
well, you are being controlled, bounded by law under suspicion of being spy.. tf you mean?

Group Leader
Oof. I was hoping the manga adaptation could do better pacing and piece together some later novel stuff to make the time skip less jarring.
I mean, technically they tried... In the novel the time skip happened right after the death sentence
Meeting with Justus at the jail and some stuffs after were flashbacks after the time-skip..

Heck, the flashback to the meeting with Justus at the jail is actually from the next arc (WN Vol. 3 Ch. 66),
For reference, this chapter adapted WN Vol. 3 Ch. 49

Group Leader
Don't worry, the web novel updates have been fairly frequent* lately, latest chapter was in January!
Author also wrapped up Volume 5, which took 6 years..!

* By DF standards LOL... we had 2 chapters a year back then..

Dex-chan lover
Considering the release rate, these short chapters dont have enough content. I'm pretty close to switching to reading the novels at this point.

At the very least, we have a new cute girl character... :glee:

Even if the art style is getting wonky... :nyoron:

They're definitely chopping the chapters. It would usually take 35+ pages per chapter... :meguuusad:

Fed-Kun's army
El is a girl, right? Also, it seems like she/he might be here for more than they're letting on.
From her design and the vague character when harold talked to takasu about Geffelt, I think this El girl is the game assistant

Users who are viewing this thread