Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - Distressed Erica

At least the mc seems smart rather than being dumb thinking that everything he does is normal.(smart but severely misunderstanding everything and making people misunderstand him)

I could be wrong but the expression is usually "rats!" or "drat!" I have never heard/read 'drats' used anywhere.

@Darkmint13 'Drats' was something used a British slang in the late the 90s but it fell out of common use due to more... extreme exclamations being used

Hahah..seems like his auto harold mode cause a misunderstandings to others
Well this is just one of the beginning of the misunderstanding

@HydraGC Ok. Huh. That is so weird. It's like they just shoved the two expressions together. Whelp, I never lived in Britain so I had no idea. Kind of interesting that the author used british slang from the 90's though.

@Darkmint13 Yeah, British slang is varied and strange. Doesn't help that the dialect changes absurdly for such a small island. Start in one portion of England and travel for 30mins and you're in another spot where everyone talks different and you've past as least 5 different pronunciations of Bread.

So, slang has mutated a lot because of that.
Strange, but it could be that there simply wasn't a proper English word for the Japanese exclamation so the translator chose what they assumed to be the most appropriate.

Dex-chan lover
Will this have time skips or will he remain 10 for the most of the story? This is not normal behaviour for 10yo kids! I know he actually isn't 10 and nobles took duties quite early in life, but she's 10! Who's so serious at 10?

Users who are viewing this thread