Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Spies

Dex-chan lover
Ok, on one hand I can understand why they are going through all that trouble.
He is known to be an asshole, he and his whole family. Rummors say he killed someone for no good reason, and when asked he not only confirmed he made it seem like he relished it.
So when given some hope he is not that much of an asshole they are going to make sure.

On the other hand, their conversation went like this:
"I don't wanna let you think badly of my lord, so hide in here while I talk to him."
"Hey boss, what happened to that woman and her daughter you did not really kill?"
"Shut up asshole. If the wrong people finds out I just pretended to kill her them, me and everyone who knows is in big trouble!"

And then their spy goes "Hey, are you this person? Did you happen to know this kid that is said to have killed someone with the same name and description of you?"
The fuck dude!
Worst spy ever!

And then the spy maid goes "wait, how did he not notice the girl hiding while listening to him talking to this other guy who was distracting him, while he found me while I was watching him training alone?"

The TWO spies suck!

Sure, the guy who tricked him into revealing is an idiot too.
But we already knew that.
The other two are supposed to be professional spies.
They should have looked for more info before Erika asked him outright. Now that he knows they are aware of the rumors they should not only be worried about him be lying about them being lies, they should also pay attention if he is ever suspicious of them finding out if he wasn't lying about lying (ouch, my head) and tries to reinforce the rumors to keep the mother and daughter safer.

At least MC has the excuse of magical tourettes or something turning everything he says into insults. And being super paranoid about any wrong move, or even the right ones, sending him closer and closer to an already fated painful death.
And Erika herself is what, 10 tops?

Everyone else, though? Bunch of idiots.

...save for the other guys serving him. They misread it a bit, but they at least are learning to translate magic tourettes and are being professional about everything.
And Erika's dad. We just don't know enough about him to say. He at least is cautious, since helping him like that is the opposite of what the MC should be doing for his family, but still not willing to risk letting his people die by turning his help away either.

Thank you for translating!

Erikazs reactions are pretty normal, but I can't @ Yuno and that one guy... for spies you sure uses things that you speculate rather than the evidence... 😂 I hope it gets resolved/tone down soon... the way they make Harold some powerful villain is making me thinking this genre should be a comedy

I’ve been hopping she would die, is the assassin chick gonna die finally? She annoying as fu, but then the girl would complain, then the dad would do something prob....thx for chaps.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for translating, goodness the stupidity of these people are beyond comprehension, they are spies but act like uneducated swines

CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT JUST PLAY WITH A PERSON’S LIFE WHEN THEY’RE IN HIDING?? What the fuck!!??

these two spies,,, are so frustrating!! gosh i want this part to be over already, i don’t want to read about them,,,,

Author lost his motivation because his work isn't that popular in japan, so every reader in translator site send him a twitter message that saying we enjoy his work.

Group Leader
@Nakakure don’t forget the part where the international fans helped the author’s fav VTuber won a contest, and we got rewarded with back-to-back chapter release 🥳

IIRC it began with the translator asking the author on how we could help. It was pretty wholesome

"Wow, this character is so mysterious, suspicious and didn't do like what I hoped to so I will hate her like I understand the inside of the Author's head that she's a bad and useless character".

I know people think she is cool, but I still can't bring myself to like Yuno, somehow. Something about her just irritated me. 🤣

Dex-chan lover
@firefistAC3 Uum... Let's say you are in a brink of bankrupt and suddenly, someone surrounded with bad rumors and does have a really bad attitude came to you to offer help with almost nothing in return. Would you accept it without question?

Dex-chan lover
Isn't knowing that she's alive and right in front of you your fucking answer ? Wtf else do you want to know ?

@anzuda
then focus the investigation around legal loopholes and shits.
why care about his morality so much? only thing i can think of is that they want blackmail materials.

Dex-chan lover
@DDosGaming What is "Legal" in this context though? We have a 10 page long law because exactly because of precedence happens. How do you investigate the legal loopholes and "shits" though? is it not by scrutinize the contract, consider the other party to know what they mean when writing the sentence in the contract, and check with the local law on whether the contract break any rule or something. Doing those need time, people, money, and information about the other party. And it's not like people don't spy others in our society. We often "stalk" what our friend, boss, or what ever post on social media. Does collecting info from rival company not count as "spying"?
I also want to ask, would you rather work together with a generous person or a backstabber? Rather than moral, in my view, what they want to do is ascertain his personality. Mind you, morality and personality is different. One could kill a child, but won't break their promise; and one could be a philanthropist, but very aggressive and will "reply" any taunt thrown at them. I believe, knowing who your soon to be partner and how they will react to what ever you do is actually a pretty basic move.
Lastly, why would you collect blackmail material from a family that could has a reputation of being a corrupt noble? If they were to know about the blackmail material, it is possible that the Sumeragi family would "suddenly" disappear one day. Especially since the parents has no qualm on killing a pitiful maid.

Users who are viewing this thread