Ore wa Subete o “Parry” Suru ~Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
In confused, what did he do that was so rude? Seriously the lesbian maids who simp for their masters are always so annoying. He kept refusing their gifts, that should prove he’s a good person. Usually there’s some misunderstanding like “he’s trying to deceive your highness” or some bullshit like that, but in this instance he did nothing wrong, nor anything that could misunderstood to be wrong.

Fed-Kun's army
@johnpoop2529 maybe it’s because he didn’t bow before the king? Or made the king pick something for him instead of doing it himself? Or something he said was lost in translation ?

Fed-Kun's army
While these nobles aren't scummy they sure are annoying in their own ways

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure she was just miffed because he was conversing with the royals in a pretty casual tone. I'm more interested in her reaction to his name. Maybe she knew him from back when he was at one of the Adventurer Schools

I don't understand what is happening. At first, I though he was just stupidly oblivious to his own strength, it's a dull cliche but I've gotten used to it. Then, turns out he is extremely weird, for some reason he is strangely fixed on acquiring skills and seems to know yet disregard that he is more powerful than S-ranks. Casually conversing with nobles is also out of ordinary considering he's a farmer's son. Lastly, why did he even thought that woman was a maid, she was wearing plate armor(i doubt it helps in cleaning) and bowing like a knight. It all would seem normal if he spent all his life isolated, but he works in the city, so i am kind of lost what to think.

Dex-chan lover
@GrayBypasser
Apparently, the guild has a list of skills considered "acceptable" for adventurer qualification. You have to demonstrate proficiency in at least one or two to be qualified, otherwise you're rejected or stuck at F-rank.
So it's not so much that he's "strangely fixed" on acquiring skills, the guild is. He's just training one basic skill (not a qualifying one) in the hope to develop a more advanced one (one that qualifies him for E-rank).

It's just the guild that is failing to recognize overall strength by focusing on a limited list of skills.

That said, I agree that his attitude in the royal palace is a bit off. Not recognizing royalty is one thing, acting all casual around nobles is another, but thinking a girl in full armour is a maid is plain stupid.

@Wyrm Well, he said that if you have no talent you should have overwhelming strength and he has it, although maybe he meant it in the other way. Then, there is another question: Why did he hide him killing the monster? Because it would be pretty fucking lame, if he killed a monster, which requires S-ranked party to hunt it, by himself and showed it to the guild, and they went with: "You have no skills, trash, fuck off!". Although i i've written that, I understand that it is most likely our dearly loved cliche of retarded guild with inefficient and unbending rules and equally retarded mc who does some shit just to drive the plot.

Double-page supporter
@GrayBypasser
He lived with his grandpa up on a mountain for the entirety of his adolescence. He spent a whole year training at an academy to develop his skills, but was unable to qualify for anything above E rank. He inherited the property in the mountain and only ventures to town to do odd jobs.

He's never been around nobility before, so he has no idea how to act around them.

Also, he's a farm boy who's never seen a knight before, so he doesn't know what a female knight looks like.

It's your classic "MC without common sense."

@MrMcNasty didn't he live with his parents? Or was there also a grandpa? Even if he only does odd jobs in the town it still means he talks and spends time with people, for someone who does that his lack of common knowledge is too extreme. Also knowledge that he has to be respectful to nobles is kind of basic, i am sure everyone there knows it. He saw a knight at least once when he saved that girl and i doubt there weren't any knights or armored warriors in the city. So he doesn't know about knights but knows about maids, that's pretty specific. It's obvious that armor is used for combat, so it's either he thinks maids are warriors or he is dumb.

So what the heck is this [Saint Sword] Sieg they're talking about on page 1? Is it the battleaxe the Minotaur was wielding? Pretty weird if that's the case.

@Ovdose stuck in parry hell.
hotline-bling

Drake can relate.

Users who are viewing this thread