Ore wo Suki Nano wa Omae Dake ka yo

The most interesting part in this series is how the girls do their schemes that involves the protagonist.

I came here just to say that it's weird to see a character in a manga/any fictional story to have the same name as you (panji). It's even weirder for the character to be the opposite gender as you IRL (me dude). Very much a personal issue that breaks my enjoyment. Other than that? Yeah this manga is good

To be fair, the translation is still pretty janky and goes back and fourth on what's what. A character's name being spelled differently can lead to confusion as to who the hell zyoryo is when you've been used to Joro all this time, for instance. That being said, newspaper-chan is a cunt.

Fed-Kun's army
i liked the anime and thought I'd like the manga but the translation is just to bad for my taste

Power Uploader
I don't know if the japanese translation guy is still alive (he is)but in order to continue this one we need a translator asap.
If you want a joint I'll gladly do the redraw and the type for you, but if someone else wants to release this one by their own, you are free to do it

Fucking S P I C Y my dude

if you didnt read this go read this my dude

just turn off your brain here and there

Aggregator gang
I hope now that anime got some attention someone will pick it up and work on a better translation

Group Leader
I went from loving this to hating the lazy writing in Ch 23.

The anime doesn’t do the manga (or the LN probably) justice.

My thoughts on the anime:
I expected someone like Shinnosuke Mitsushima to do the voice acting for Joro, and Joro's pseudo-puberty voice and bad intentions don't match well. Sumireko's smiles looks straight out of Kakegurui. I do like how they did Joro and Panji's relationship though. Panji's voice acting is pretty good but the animation isn't great.

I cringed really hard at this chapter. Im usually all in for dramas and soap operas but this was too dumb. I've actually thought about plot developments like this and wanted to read one but now that I have I realize why no one does it.

If I were top describe Oresuki I would say it's like snafu or bunny girl senpai, but everyone's IQ is at least 200 (except for the childhood friend)

Contributor
Okay so I liked how he was a scheming bastard pretending to be a nice guy, but if he was a nice guy to begin with, why did he have to pretend to be a scheming bastard pretending to be a nice guy. Did the author not have the balls to go all the way, or did they think "I need to give him some likeable traits or else people will really hate him" as if we weren't here specifically to read about a bastard

I mean, it's still fun imo, but I came here expecting a true dickwad MC

Why did he have to pretend to be a scheming bastard pretending to be a nice guy

Because a lot of high schoolers are infatuated with trying to seem cool and maintain a certain image. Joro thought he would look slick if he acted like some kind of conniving schemer. Only we find out later on that he's actually very conscientious deep down. As Pansy mentioned, he cared a lot about Sun finding a girl that was good for him, and was even willing to betray Cosmos and Himawari by asking Pansy to date him per his request. He feels as though being known as the "good caring dude" is kinda lame and uninteresting, it's why he's so embarrassed all the time when his mother and Pansy talk about what a nice person he is deep down.

It's a similar premise with Oregairu, Hachiman puts on the front of being a social loner and an asshole when in reality he actually desperately wants honest, genuine friendship. He plays the part of a villain and sacrifices his own reputation over and over to the point of self-destruction, and it's a trait that his true friends are not happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread