Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken - Ch. 101 - It's All My Fault

Dex-chan lover
<span class="sarcasm">The reason that mangaka believe that Japanese cuisine is the best in the multiverse is that in every advanced nation on Earth in which Japanese cuisine has ever been introduced, it has displaced the other cuisines.</span>

Dex-chan lover
Why are you people complaining about the food? LOL

Have you forgotten the premise of the story already? Remember how Kanji impressed Chris for the first time? It has been established since the first chapter that the food in this world is more superior than the world she came in. Of course the prince and the mage would have the same reaction.

And, let's be real here, the food in the modern world is far MUCH better than what they eat in medieval. There's a good reason why the British colonized India back in the day. Any food we eat today can be considered gourmet for them.

Yes, it's an overused trope and I also hate it but it's relevant to the story in this case. If you dislike the trope, that's fine but then you should drop this since the first chapter since it was already used then.

I feel like the food moment both succeeded and failed at the same time.
Giving the two of them the rice balls and such and telling them that everyone in this world/country from the lowest commoner, soldier ect. can eat this every single day is a big statement about how different their worlds are.

Having the mage then drink the miso soup (which in my opinion is the most mellow, inoffensive type of soup I have ever tasted in my life) and declare it fit for kings is just hilarious to me.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i'm not going to form an opinion on the brother and mage yet natsumi's mother had a terrible intro, heita had a terrible intro, and kanji's friend had a terrible intro but i grew to love them so i will see what the author does with this before i make my judgement

even chris was very rude in her introduction come to think of it

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i'm not going to form an opinion on the brother and mage yet natsumi's mother had a terrible intro, heita had a terrible intro, and kanji's friend had a terrible intro but i grew to love them so i will see what the author does with this before i make my judgement
Everyone but the Brother is redeemable, the problem is the author overplayed the sisconning brother to a level that's inexcusable. To redeem him would take something crazy out of the ordinary, not only is he a yandere for his sister but now even wants to raise her child as his own. All the other characters had reasons that started them off as bad but they weren't toxic red flag properties they just were overworked, unloved or nieve personalities.

I swear if they just sweep what the brother did under the rug then I'll have lost all hope for this series.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why everyone in calling MC a coward. Maybe an excessive, harmony-loving f**kup, but trying to talk things out with a magically powered tank of a gorilla, who already beat the shitz out of him is rather ...stupid, but also brave. Though I wouldn't bow down into dirt to a person, who obiously has no respect for me.
If i'd be a japanese person AND would be into traditions AND would ask my hopefully soon to be father-in-law (or mother-in-law) for their daughters hand AND I would know, they are into that kind of thing AND I would know, they respect me at least a bit, I just might do that in their living room, for the sake of a bright future. (Do some japanese nowadays really still do something like that outside TV, anyway?) But that punk? Talking it out ....okaaaaaaiiy, but kneeling? Never.

Also, was there really a scene, when that bro outed himself as a true siscon? I mean not overly protective towards his sister and a bit gay in a humoristic way, but truely attracted to her in a way family better shouldn't be? So far I only see a jerk, who only cares for his sister and his own emotional wellbeing and who tries to protect her (with inexcusable means, that might be the norm in his world. Them being nobles and everything) They tried so hard and everything (their worries and efforts) seemed for naught, as she was in no mortal danger and she seems rather happy. Well, obviously her virginity was in danger, though so was it back in military service, simply one defeat later.

They both, hero+mage, reached their goal and nothing is as expected, yet they still kinda lost her to that other world. His sis is with a common man, her strong female friend suddenly turned wife and mother. Things don't add up like they want them to. Chris not following their world's common sense anymore isn't helping at all. While they aren't confused (Oh, I bet they have understood the situation at hand well enough) they simply are not happy. I can understand that. the hero-brother tries to make justifications to force things into a favorable situation. I know that kind of behavior from other people. I understand, that if you are the hero (with diplomatic power and combat strength), are in a foreign contry and somebody has been taken from you, strong-arming and threatening might acctually work. (They don't expect the JSDF arriving iun a matter of hours. They believe Japan can't muster strong forces fast enough and won't do it for a simple cur.) I get that gorilla. I really do. His reactions and way to handle things make sense. We don't have to paint his as a total lunatic. He isn't the devil. But he isn't an appealing figure either. Acctually I missed a general or somebody two chapters ago, who would have given him his one or two cents about threatening earth's citizens.

Overall, I think we apply a bit too much of our common sense to that situation and we don't put enough effort into seeing things from their perspective. You'll see, If you do, there are still enough reasons left to hate that jerk, but it does't look that much like a forced drama situation anymore.

The loli archmage? Maybe I was a bit too harsh with her before, but she still has to apologize.
PRECISELY. Like i get the people are literally hating the christ brother. I find it laughable of using OUR MODERN COMMON SENSE to a different person who in fact lived in a different era to us.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone but the Brother is redeemable, the problem is the author overplayed the sisconning brother to a level that's inexcusable. To redeem him would take something crazy out of the ordinary, not only is he a yandere for his sister but now even wants to raise her child as his own. All the other characters had reasons that started them off as bad but they weren't toxic red flag properties they just were overworked, unloved or nieve personalities.

I swear if they just sweep what the brother did under the rug then I'll have lost all hope for this series.
It's most likely gonna happen while at the same time. Its already happen time and time again for every manga. Same applies to real life. BUT THAT WAS 50-50 not 80% sweep under the rug or forgotten while 20% is not (ASSUMING that was the case)

Dex-chan lover
It's not that hard:
  • Those four betrayed their Japanese customers who have anything like a proper sense of justice.
  • Those four betrayed the firms that licensed foreign-language editions of the work.
  • Those four betrayed the customers of those foreign-language firms.
  • Those four reinforced the perversities of those who don't see that Louise, Kanji, and most especially Christina have each behaved grotesquely.
Those four have thus badly affected literally tens of thousands of people.

Dex-chan lover
PRECISELY. Like i get the people are literally hating the christ brother. I find it laughable of using OUR MODERN COMMON SENSE to a different person who in fact lived in a different era to us.
The obvious problem with relativism of the sort that you are peddling is that, ultimately, each person is a culture unto himself. Yes, we get to judge other cultures of our time or of other times, for exactly the same reason that we get to judge other people, full stop. And your attempt to judge those who judge is risible.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Yes, Vive the glorious white rice and fermented soybean's soup.

And here I am, eating white rice for almost everyday and sometimes along with moldy soybeans.

But I agree our foods today are much better than the past. My long past ancestor are dog eaters, though I don't know they ate that as staple food or just for party/medicine 🗿

Thanks for the translation.

Brother tps into the world, freaks out after finding his sister and she's pregnant, beats up her husband. This was shocking and not expected, but I can see the possibility.

This chapter, however ... this should not have happened. Would anyone go back to find a man the beat them up to bow to them? Would any women slip home and make a bento and present it to her brother/friend before checking on her husband? Reddit threads on family fighting are outliers but are far more acurate in depicting the emotional turmoil between warring families.

What sucks is that the author had a great opportunity to push Chris into a dilemma, how to resolve her brother/husband fight without hurting feelings? She could pull out her sword and Armour and pull a "you've got to kill me to get to him" troupe with a reverse gender roles. She could've gone passive aggressive, or conciliator role. Or even played "each girl calm both guys down"

But going with "Japanese food solves everything" trope was disappointing and left so much potential relationship growth out. This manga has a great amount of detail for food and farming, but they don't resolve human conflicts. Humans solve human conflicts.

Dex-chan lover
I was reading a light novel and two guys tried to kidnap and rape two highschool girls. They had done the same thing before. No charges were pressed. They were required to take karate classes.

Seriously WTF Japan?

The Japaneese are seriously proud of their food. My Japaneese teacher wiuld go on and on about how much beter the food was there.
That is fucked up....

Double-page supporter
MISO SOUP SO FUCKING GREAT
MUCH BETTER THAN FOOD FIT FOR ROYALTY
PLAIN WHITE RICE SOOOOOO TASTY

Every time. It's so tiring.
I think that our world's basic cuisine would be much tastier, just because of ingredient availability and spices and other flavours you can add, that would be luxuries for the tech level of their world.

You can't really compare modern foods to medieval era foods, they used to be really plain, also add the idea of tasting foreign foods to that, a lot of times people exaggerate when first trying something new

Double-page supporter
I don't get why everyone in calling MC a coward. Maybe an excessive, harmony-loving f**kup, but trying to talk things out with a magically powered tank of a gorilla, who already beat the shitz out of him is rather ...stupid, but also brave. Though I wouldn't bow down into dirt to a person, who obiously has no respect for me.
If i'd be a japanese person AND would be into traditions AND would ask my hopefully soon to be father-in-law (or mother-in-law) for their daughters hand AND I would know, they are into that kind of thing AND I would know, they respect me at least a bit, I just might do that in their living room, for the sake of a bright future. (Do some japanese nowadays really still do something like that outside TV, anyway?) But that punk? Talking it out ....okaaaaaaiiy, but kneeling? Never.

Also, was there really a scene, when that bro outed himself as a true siscon? I mean not overly protective towards his sister and a bit gay in a humoristic way, but truely attracted to her in a way family better shouldn't be? So far I only see a jerk, who only cares for his sister and his own emotional wellbeing and who tries to protect her (with inexcusable means, that might be the norm in his world. Them being nobles and everything) They tried so hard and everything (their worries and efforts) seemed for naught, as she was in no mortal danger and she seems rather happy. Well, obviously her virginity was in danger, though so was it back in military service, simply one defeat later.

They both, hero+mage, reached their goal and nothing is as expected, yet they still kinda lost her to that other world. His sis is with a common man, her strong female friend suddenly turned wife and mother. Things don't add up like they want them to. Chris not following their world's common sense anymore isn't helping at all. While they aren't confused (Oh, I bet they have understood the situation at hand well enough) they simply are not happy. I can understand that. the hero-brother tries to make justifications to force things into a favorable situation. I know that kind of behavior from other people. I understand, that if you are the hero (with diplomatic power and combat strength), are in a foreign contry and somebody has been taken from you, strong-arming and threatening might acctually work. (They don't expect the JSDF arriving iun a matter of hours. They believe Japan can't muster strong forces fast enough and won't do it for a simple cur.) I get that gorilla. I really do. His reactions and way to handle things make sense. We don't have to paint his as a total lunatic. He isn't the devil. But he isn't an appealing figure either. Acctually I missed a general or somebody two chapters ago, who would have given him his one or two cents about threatening earth's citizens.

Overall, I think we apply a bit too much of our common sense to that situation and we don't put enough effort into seeing things from their perspective. You'll see, If you do, there are still enough reasons left to hate that jerk, but it does't look that much like a forced drama situation anymore.

The loli archmage? Maybe I was a bit too harsh with her before, but she still has to apologize.
Definitely the biggest shock was the idea that in the time they were looking for her she got married and is pregnant, and for their own common sense the idea that she is married to someone who isn't a noble and a farmer must feel like he is taking advantage of her.

They still need to recover from their shock, it seems the mage girl is definitely getting over it faster than her brother.

It is shocking to see someone change so much when you see it happen can't imagine the whiplash they had learning it all, but it doesn't make what they did or said right.

Obviously as a family member that thought they were gonna come, rescue her from being stranded in this world and take her home it must feel so frustrating to feel like she might not want to go back home but rather stay in this world.

I would probably be as incredulous if my own sister was suddenly flung half way across the world and ended up getting married and starting a family with some random guy I don't know.

You'd eventually have to accept it but I do understand why he would believe he took advantage of her.

I hope he can accept reality soon, so he can maybe apologize to Kanji properly and maybe see the kind of work that goes into being a farmer and not just be prejudiced against him for his job and status.

Dex-chan lover
I knew the brother would be a problem but now I just want to see him get shot.

Group Leader
How'd you even impregnate Chris if your balls are fucking nonexistent?
NTR doujin artists right now:
062.gif

Users who are viewing this thread