Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Melvis Family Rules

Fed-Kun's army
@miyako19

That 13 years old age of consent only works in situation where both partners are close in age, like 2 teenagers having sex with each other. Each prefecture has law that raise that age of consent even higher.
"Most of the prefectures in the country have obscenity statutes or laws against corruption of minors. The age of consent in the prefectures ranges from 16 to 18 years, and it is illegal to engage in sexual activities with partners who are below this age unless a parent approves of the romantic relationship. In Tokyo, for example, a person has to be at least 18 years to agree to have any form of sexual relations. In both of Japan’s territories, Okinotori Islands and Marcus Islands, the local age of consent is 13 years."
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-is-the-age-of-consent-in-japan.html

"The age of consent in Japan has no close in age exceptions. Partners who engage in sexual relations with persons aged less than 13 years can be prosecuted for statutory rape in spite of the age difference, even if the younger partner consented. The absence of close in age exemptions also means that there is no legal protection for two individuals who willingly give in to intimate relations when they are under 13 years of age."
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-is-the-age-of-consent-in-japan.html

"Municipalities and prefectures have their own particular laws, such as Tokyo's Youth Protection Law (Japanese: 東京都青少年の健全な育成に関する条例)[a] which prohibits sexual activity with youths who are under 18 years old in most circumstances[57] though some add exemptions for sex in the context of a sincere romantic relationship (typically determined by parental approval)."
http://wwwa.cao.go.jp/notice/20191101notice.html

Also if you spent the night at a hotel with a 19 years old and the parents decided to press charge, you can be charge with kidnaping because 19 years old is still a minor.
You can kidnap adults in the US too, I don't see how this is relevant to the situation. Unless you're trying to refer to laws concerning "romantic exemptions" the less-than-18 rules, which allow a parent to give consent on whether a relationship was "legitimate" or not. This however, doesn't apply to 19 year olds as far as I can find, and has no implications for age of consent, since the child can still legally state they consented to sex, it would be the parents charging for the crime of kidnapping as an aside to this act, and thus, would not make Japan "one of the countries with the highest age of consent". I can't find anything to back your claim up. You got a citation?
http://wwwa.cao.go.jp/notice/20191101notice.html

Can you give a citation for you claims now? As far as I can find Japan has no national level "Romeo and Juliet" laws that you're referring to, though it does seem to have national level laws concerning whether the adult has a position of power over those younger than them. This means that, say, a teacher can't fuck his students, but a random salaryman can fuck the students (in certain prefectures.)

It should be noted that much of Japanese life is seen through the filter of Tokyo and it's penal codes, much like how everyone thinks the age of consent in America is 18, when really all media is made in California and thus reflects California laws. The correct way to put the statement isn't "the age of consent in Japan is 13" it is "the age of consent in Japan is 13 by default" and Marcus islands just don't give a shit to change it.

As far as the 12 vs 13, I swear every time I have looked up legal information concerning this it has been 12, but alas, it appears my memory recall failed, and I switched the last digit.

fucking hell i'm not expecting a fucking thesis on a comment section on a reverse isekai manga... 😬

Dex-chan lover
Idk man age difference is kind of hard to ignore for some people. I will never forget my 96 year old grandpa saying he doesn't want to hang out with the 60 years old brats down stairs

Users who are viewing this thread