Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken - Vol. 5 Ch. 41 - Planter cultivation

Dex-chan lover
Well, at least he'll like them even if she doesn't. I'm sure it'd be more satisfying to enjoy the thing she grew herself, but if she has to look at it as a gift for Kanji then that could work too.

Dex-chan lover
We haven't seen this little girl before, have we? Is she a new character or did I miss somethin?

So was the flame effect a stylistic choice or real? If the latter she might get into some shit later on.

Dex-chan lover
Lies. Radish is delicious. I bet that Natsumi girl is a picky eater unable to stomach mustard, dark chocolate, wasabi, grapefruit, garlic, broccoli, or anything at all that has a bit of character. In fact I imagine she even leaves her carrots and peas uneaten. A truly pitiful child.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't think planter cultivation would be suitable for daikon, carrots, potatoes or long rooted veggies. Planter Cultivation works good beans, peas and cucumbers in my experience. Spinach and leaf lettuce does alright and you can harvest all year long. The other obvious one is herbs which can be grown in pretty small pots and in your at a sunny window. Love fresh thyme, oregano and basil, plus you can easily dry herbs if you've got too much

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax Not the meter long Japanese daikon, for sure. However, radish can be quite small. I have grown them in a planter multiple times. Works perfectly.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme O know there is the little red ones which are a little strong and they are a kind like golf ball size. Still I do wonder what the yield difference would be for rooted veg like small radish vs flowered like green/yellow beans or peas. The beans can be grown pretty dense with an excellent yield on average. Had a squired turn my beans into a be done one year. I found him laying/crushing them and the extra kick in the nads is it was burying peanuts in the planter, so there was a big empty patch in one planter. Lucky enough it was still early in thee year so could still plant. Squirrels are pesky, but rabbits are far worse. Eat and destroy everything is their motto

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax Yeah, I could grow peas quite densely in a planter. That being said, it's not like you could grow any root vegetables that densely, whether it was in a garden or planter (or greenhouse). You always need to cull them once they have sprouted. At the end of the day they are different plants, however, so it's not like you could replace one with another just because it has a higher yield. You gotta grow what you want to eat. I'm not sure about dedicating all that effort to growing something you have no idea of, like happened in this chapter. They should have visited a supermarket and bought some beforehand so that she would know what she's going to cultivate.

Since they need to carry the planters indoors for cold nights, it can't be anything too massive/cumbersome, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread