Orenchi no Maid-san - Vol. 6 Ch. 56

Contributor
@Kaarme

but because Ami's bloody big brothers seem to think nothing of it.

Not really.
Hirofumi was VERY clear about Akira : If he even try to make a move on her before she finish Highschool or if he become (even more) creepy , he will be fired right away.

Of course he will not fire him for no reason at all now, because Ami like him and he is not too bad at his job.

Dex-chan lover
@sawr
Sure the age gap is wider, but the ages involved are what the bigger deal with the age gap is. 29 and 16 are considered "of legal age" depending on where you are in the world. Still concidered wrong by many people, but technology legal. Similar to how rich old people marry very young men and women. Ami is not 16+, she is still very much a child. Thus age gap is more of a concern in terms of legality and alternate intentions (such as pedophilia, kidnapping, and a lot of worse stuff). A child that young can't necessarily think for themselves and/or get themselves out of a bad situation without either being told to do so, or the damage has already been done, especially if their attacker is someone they know and believe it is ok to trust.

Now if just the difference of years between the 2 numbers is the only concern, I agree it is stupid to be ok with the larger one and not the shorter.

Dex-chan lover
@Siquall For no reason at all... A adult man being in love with a little kid and openly dreaming of dating the little kid once she's a bit older is already a reason for concern. Not to mention if all the people in the world indeed could stick to the rules and agreements, the millions of lawyers all over the world would need to seek new jobs immediately, the number of police officers could be cut by 90%, prisons would be turned into cheap housing or warehouses, etc. When Amy turns 13 and becomes aware of sex (or however old one needs to be, I have forgotten already), who knows what will happen in the heat of the moment. Assuming she still will even like Akira. When she enters puberty, her personality might change and she could start to dislike Akira for all we know. Not that this manga would run till such a time in the first place. Neither of them are MCs.

haha, I love the comments, keep going guys...

well as for me, it was a cute 1-minute read, gonna go read the rest of my 62% finished Achtung Panzer! Arrivederci!

Dex-chan lover
Yeah no this pairing is gross. It's a real downer since the manga is otherwise so fluffy and nice.

Just pretend she is like a immature 15 year old if you don't want the story ruined. Thats the best solution I can think of

Double-page supporter
As long as Akira doesn't tries to use her lack of experience (life in general cause she is young), I see nothing wrong with them loving each other. I mean he said he will wait till graduation, so only bad thing in this kind of relationship disappears.

This still continues to be a blight on an otherwise fluffy manga, still floored as to what the fuck the author was even thinking here and hoping its not hiding something very sinister like the act age or rurrouni kenshin author's did.

I would never usually make that jump in assumption, but who the fuck else would write a plotline like this and play it straight.

Dex-chan lover
it's weird but it's definitely better than whatever shit most of you people are probably into

Users who are viewing this thread