Lol, this manga is ass. The ONLY character development was the FMC getting over her daddy issues. Thats it. No explanation of the origin of their relationship nor do we get any insight into MMC's insecurities. This is a giant waste of time. I still know next to nothing about any character at all and im expected to care about the daddy issues thing? There is more blueballing than actual character development
Edit: omg, ok so this is how much this manga bothers me. I slept on it, and I still have more to say.
Based off the manga alone, the relationship is pretty toxic. They are both “obsessed” with one another, but we don’t know why and they struggle to push forward without the aid of alcohol. Throughout the manga, I can’t help but think that the FMC uses alcohol as a coping mechanism to deal with her insecurities and the MMC on a couple of occasions, enables the behavior. He even suggests to drink in the middle of the day so they could “cuddle.”
Furthermore, the extreme amount of teasing is not cute, if anything, it makes her seem disingenuous and I truly don’t know what she wants.
The author writes the MMC struggling with his desires as though it is some war of attrition that if he loses control, he’s going to rape her or something. Just be fucking normal, that goes for both of them.
Also, last point, the puritan bullshit is not wholesome or cute, it’s annoying. It teaches the wrong lessons and forces unnecessary burden and way too much importance on the actual act. I get wanting to treasure the moment or whatever, but it’s going to be an awkward, off putting moment if you don’t know what the fuck you’re doing. Use a fucking condom, get on the pill, something. Rarely does the first time ever go as smoothly as stories make it out to be, especially if neither party has ever fucked before. Don’t make me sit here and wonder if you (the author) have ever felt the touch of a woman before.
Ok, rant over.