Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte Kara - Vol. 6 Ch. 57 - Gimlet

And here I though this day can't get any better!

I totally gave up on seeing more chapters of this, thank you so much!
Please continue translating it!

Dex-chan lover
The end is find for a binge read, but getting a release after 4 month just to find out there are no spoiled drunk wife at all. Why ?

Dex-chan lover
we love a chapter focused on a dedicated domestic hubby man!!!!

Dex-chan lover
Coughing without the mask on?!

ffde4f08b5d4d9c0fb8f5c8e85362023.gif

Dex-chan lover
So the recipe says lime juice and syrup, but the blurb at the end mentions a Raymond Chandler reference to "Rose's lime juice". I would very strongly suspect that the original actually would have said "Rose's lime cordial", which I happen to know you can still get because there is some in my mother's fridge at this moment. So you wouldn't use juice + syrup, you'd just use the cordial which is already syrup-ish.

@Purplelibraryguy No, the blurb was right. The quote is from Chandler's "The Long Goodbye."
“What they call a gimlet is just some lime or lemon juice and gin with a dash of sugar and bitters. A real gimlet is half gin and half Rose’s Lime Juice and nothing else. It beats martinis hollow.”

In the US, it is called "Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice" nowadays.
814Zm4B6qIL._SL1500_.jpg

Back in Chandler's time, it was still just called, "Rose's Lime Juice," leaving out the "Sweetened."
They call it Rose's Lime Juice Cordial in the UK.

And Chandler was right. That's how to make a proper gimlet.

Double-page supporter
It is great of him to turn down his friend when he heard they brought girls. It is something men usually don't do or don't understand that can lead to extremely bad situations. Good husband material here.

Users who are viewing this thread