Osananajimi ga Hisabisa ni Saikai Shitara Otagai Kyonyuu ni Natteta - Ch. 4

So discussing sexual harassment in the comments section of a manga about a muscular guy and a girl with huge badonkadonks is something I never thought I would do... but for those who don’t know, take it from a girl that has been harassed while wearing baggy jeans and a sweatshirt, it has nothing to do with what you wear

Dex-chan lover
Guys, it's meant to be a sweet moment in that he's showing concern for her well-being as well as acknowledging how attractive she is without explicitly spelling it out.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Double-page supporter
Picked this up today, thanks for the chapters!
Ohoho, its this progress im seeing?...😶

This poor chick's IN HER HOUSE. It's not that they met in a square at night or in the subway in Buenos Aires (also because I don't even know if there is a subway in Buenos Aires).

Aside from the fact that a person should have the right to dress how he or she likes, it is all the more a stupid remark made by the boy. A person in their own house has the goddamn right to be in their underwear, if she/he want!

Fed-Kun's army
I wonder what the people calling this victim blaming would say to me if I went to a bad neighbourhood, at night, while counting a fat stack of bills and got mugged.

Aggregator gang
I'm calling a misunderstanding! Next chapter is already out so drumroll please...

@Lucrecia yeah but she is saying that, looking like that, to a boy in the peak of his sexual desire who could misunderstand. The point wasn't where she was, but what she was doing in front of someone of the opposite sex.
When japs say "she is so defenseless" they always mean that "she is saying/doing something that men would take as an invitation without realizing it"
Again, he is a member of the opposite sex being tempted, regardless of whether its her house or not, he wants her to be aware of what she says or does.

@Denker-Bosu
And then we always come back to the idea that a woman does not have the opportunity and the right to dress and behave as she thinks best, because otherwise the men next to her – even those she trusts – can take advantage of it thinking that she is “selling herself”.

Isn’t it the same thing to accuse a rape victim of the way she was dressed?

By the way, if I were a man honestly these reasonings would give me disgust: why do I have to be considered a minus habens incapable of using the brain just because a woman dresses more informally? It’s not like as soon as I see a boob, my synapses are disconnected and all the blood flows to my scrotum.

Is it ever possible that the rest of the world has to see me as a beast incapable of reasoning? And what adds to the damage is mockery, if a man behaves like a civil and thoughtful, those around him consider him a loser, a “herbivore”, or gay.

"And then we always come back to the idea that a woman does not have the opportunity and the right to dress and behave as she thinks best" She has the right to, the other guy is just telling him she is wrong. Her right to dress as she wants does not limit his right to tell her the possible consequences to it.

" Isn’t it the same thing to accuse a rape victim of the way she was dressed? " No, that mindset is childish. As someone else said, if someone went flashing a bulk of money in an unsafe neighborhood in the middle of the night, and picking verbal fights with people around, would it be victim blaming if we told him "Yeah, of course you will get mugged, if not worse"?

"By the way, if I were a man honestly these reasonings would give me disgust" Good for you. THis manga will continuously feature a guy that disgust you. You ma want to read something else.

btw are you a male? Your name sounds like a a woman, but the rest of your post sounds like you are guy that doesn't want to be seem as a potential sex predator.
In that case, I agree! However, since there are guys out there whoa re indeed like this, wanting to minimize the risk for your loved ones is perfectly reasonable.
Its not like he is out there making a campaign telling women how to dress; its just because this one he cares about is, literally, not self aware of how she is acting.

Either way, it doesn't change the facts: This is a good guy that is worried about his his love interest being targeted by dangerous people, and she is ok with that much. Notice how she doesn't give a speech of how she is strong and independent when faced witworry? Thats because, out there, there are women who understand men in their lives care about them like this, and don't take it as an offense. Just some food for thought.

@Denker-Bosu
I'm a woman, I've only read this chapter, I'm not interested in reading the rest.

And you keep missing the focal point of the situation... this guy, the childhood friend (so, technically a person close to her and she trusts, not a complete stranger), went to see the girl IN HER DAMN HOUSE, and she let him in because she obviously trusts him. They weren't seen in the middle of a forecourt at night, in the park or in a dark alley. She's not the one who went looking for him, showing off who knows what kind of provocative attitude. He went into her house, saw her in a Tank top and shorts - which is very normal clothing, I would say - he got the bone to fly because she is beautiful and shapely, end of story.

But since to the reader's eyes it would have seemed only a filthy pig unable to keep it in his pants, the philharmony started on the fact that "the world is ugly, you're too defenseless, i says it to protect you"

Protecting her a big bullsh*t, is just a way to lighten his conscience by blaming the girl with an "oh, I told you that if you dress like that you risk provoking me. Then don't complain if I get my hands on you and r*pe you at some point, eh? "

Users who are viewing this thread