Osananajimi no Ohimesama - Ch. 22

VIP
Doesn't really matter if it employs the same justifications of shit behavior. Or at least some readers seem to be fine with any kind of manipulative behavior as long as it's for ~true love~ or whatever. Also, where's the jump in logic? Isn't Hinaki in this chapter doing the exact things she's criticizing? I mean, if you have arguments as for why her behavior is totally fine that aren't rooted in shoujo logic of "she's in love, so you just gotta accept every shitty thing she does and think it's cute and precious", I'm genuinely willing to discuss.

"But not like that!". Right now she's actively preventing him from either realizing or alternatively getting over his first love, for purely selfish reasons, wanting to preserve an increasingly shaky status quo that she alone desperately wants to cling on to. That's... a pretty shitty thing to do to your alleged best and oldest friend, when the goal is just that you don't want him to change too much.
Again, if this is ever addressed by Hinaki realizing her shitty behavior and reflecting or apologizing, then I'm fine with it. Just as it is presented right now, she's pretty objectively acting in a manipulative and selfish manner towards her best friend, and dresses it up as worrying about him. And if this is for the as of yet unrealized goal of loving him and wanting him to be her lover, then it's also hypocritical.
dude, she is simply uneasy that he changed and fear to be left behind. literally last chapter talk about it. she never actually force him and physically abuse him to get what she want. she just annoy him, sometimes, that's about it. it also clear while she did have intrusive though, but she didn't try to stop his confession previously, what she ask is assurance that they will still be friends. that's until he say he was confess only for the purpose to get rejected and getting hurt.

Aggregator gang
Nice Move Hinaki 🥰
We're always be with you 😎

Screenshot-2023-04-14-13-56-08-246-com-chrome-dev.png
It's because they both think she will reject him, she doesn't want to see mc hurt

i could maybe imagine the next chapter going through something like this:

1: Hinaki become's a third wheel

2: Someone sees them and says Hinaki and Shunsuke are a couple because they're on a swing.

3: The scenario of 'hinaki' the gf arguing with the 'problem'.

But don't get me wrong.. I dont hate kiyoka, but in the future we know that the 2 girls will fall in love with him, since it's their first time experiencing love. While shunsuke is in love with the two of them but doesn't know how to pick.

BUT IM GETTING DAMN CONFUSED CAUSE OF THE 'frienship vs love' THINg, AND THEN IT SAYS A 'Love triangle story'...

ok that's all..

Contributor
I would prefer it if Shunsuke goes through with it, though. Sink or swim regarding Kiyoka, but move forward. But of course after that show of telling Hinaki "this was entirely my decision" I'm pretty sure he's just going to meekly accept her making the decision for him yet again, and not go through with it. Just like usual.

Until Koiwai gets actual development beyond just "confused wingirl", I'm still convinced the true heroine is Hinaki.

Just out of the fact that she is the one who gets all of the story focus most of the time.

Even when Shunsuke is with Koiwai, they story is constantly revolving around Hinaki's character.

If the author wants me to believe Koiwai as an actual contender, they need to start developing her POV more.
Heck, it even extends beyond the fourth wall, further proof Hinaki is the true heroine: Kiyoka is almost never referred to by her name by readers in these threads. Readers readily call Hinaki by her given name (family name: Tomoe) but most call Kiyoka by her family name: Koiwai. Kiyoka, lacking development isn't really that memorable I suppose, but I see people easily remember Hinaki by her given name.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry but how can anyone read this series and not realise how toxic Hinaki is. Is she in love with MC? Yes, Is she abusive (mentally) also yes.

Users who are viewing this thread