Osananajimi no Ohimesama - Vol. 2 Ch. 18

Supporter
What's funny about this manga is that, the girls are chill, the MC is the one creating his personal fantasy about it all and ruining his relationship with both of them, you go chad

Contributor
So Hinaki one-sidedly drags Shunsuke to go eat outside, and gets pissed when he asserts his free will, choosing to follow his heart and go somewhere else. He could've been nicer and more transparent about it, sure, but IMO she's more in the wrong for trying to take away his agency this chapter, making such a decision for him without even letting him know. I know Hinaki is a headstrong character, but I felt like she stepped over a line here and I didn't like that. Who is she to him again? His boss? Gf?

This is nudging me slightly further into Kiyoka's camp. At this point I was already leaning that way anyway, just hesitating a bit because I also do feel Kiyoka is still underdeveloped as a character. I have to wonder if Shunsuke will actually tell Kiyoka he just ditched Hinaki to meet her at the library. I don't think he will, unless Kiyoka saw them and brings it up herself.

Dex-chan lover
The irony here is that Kiyoka may turn out to NOT like finding out she is being prioritized over her prefered ship.

No one wins here.
You know what would be interesting?
If that Kiyoka girl gets upset to MC for refusing to go eat with her childhood friend because that could've been perfect material for her novel.
I suspect that'll be next chapter cause she'll notice he's angry/annoyed/absent minded.

Dex-chan lover
It's Hinaki who I'm siding with here. Hinaki is obviously exhausted from tests and just wants to hang out with Shunsuke and have fun. He even agreed to that. However, the way he tried abandoning Hinaki was rude. If we was just honest, she would have been ok with that answer. But trying to avoid answering just made his intentions feel strange.

Koiwai didn't even try to force Shunsuke, so seeing him immediately drop anything definitely hurt Hinaki. And his inability to answer what they're doing definitely weirded her out.

Dex-chan lover
To be honest, that was a pretty shitty thing for him to do. Sure it wasn't like the plans to go out to dinner were days old, but he had already agreed to it.
Exactly.

That’s my problem with it and I’d say her reaction is justified. Had he asked if it’d be okay to go later (he totally could have helped the other girl with her novel in 30 minutes or less (or at most an hour)) it’d be fine. Its the fact that he’s blowing off plans they were both into (sure he was kinda forced into them but the way they talked made it sound like he agreed to them) with no explanation or otherwise offering an alternative.

Dex-chan lover
Hinaki lacks sufficient self-awareness to see — or perhaps sufficient courage to acknowledge — that she is in love with Shunsuke and that her heart is breaking.

Timing is hugely important in relationships. With different timing, Hinaki might have recognized her feelings and begun courting Shunsuke before his attention had been drawn to another girl, and Hinaki might have stirred complementary feelings in him.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hinaki lacks sufficient self-awareness to see — or perhaps sufficient courage to acknowledge — that she is in love with Shunsuke and that her heart is breaking.

Timing is hugely important in relationships. With different timing, Hinaki might have recognized her feelings and begun courting Shunsuke before his attention had been drawn to another girl, and Hinaki might have stirred complementary feelings in him.
Yeah its a series where I feel like Hinaki will lose cause she's the childhood friend and realise waaaay too late that what she feels is love and by then the MC will have advanced too far with the other girl. Classic love triangle trope territory although in some ways I hope it subverts that.

Dex-chan lover
I've got maybe 1-3 chapters left in me waiting for this manga to get good

it should just go full "i want to punch women", both these girls are cute and punchable

Dex-chan lover
While Hinaki might say they are just friends they are always together. They know each other so well that it is probably not unusual for them to make plans assuming the other would be available.

She has been his only friend for his entire life. He never wanted another friend besides her before now. For the first time ever he is ditching her to be with someone else and he is telling Hinaki he has a secret he can't tell her.

This is what she has been afraid of. Him changing and leaving her. She wants to be with him forever and suddenly it looks like that may not happen.

I think it is understandable that she would be hurt and call him a sleaze bag or something worse.
I agree with this but i also think that he didnt do anything specially wrong, hes looking forward to a romantic development with kiyoka while hinaki is just a friend to him, not like hes been pulling this kind of thing on her frequently.
It sure sucks for her that he changed his mind on the last moment but its normal that hed choose this opportunity over something thats pretty much just the usual, again for this one instance theres no harm in him ditching her.

Yeah its a series where I feel like Hinaki will lose cause she's the childhood friend and realise waaaay too late that what she feels is love and by then the MC will have advanced too far with the other girl. Classic love triangle trope territory although in some ways I hope it subverts that.
Honestly, I believe with what has been set up, Koiwai doesn't seem pretty interested in MC apart from his relationship with Hinaki. I'm fine with either girl winning but I'm kind of in the weird camp that Hinaki's feelings towards MC is truly platonic as opposed to romantic. Although obviously the manga is gonna go in the direction of love triangle from what I see.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I believe with what has been set up, Koiwai doesn't seem pretty interested in MC apart from his relationship with Hinaki. I'm fine with either girl winning but I'm kind of in the weird camp that Hinaki's feelings towards MC is truly platonic as opposed to romantic. Although obviously the manga is gonna go in the direction of love triangle from what I see.
Yeah my prediction is Hinaki will much later realise her feelings are love. Koiwai will grow from being a shipper to love for MC and MC is the only part I'm not sure which way he'll swing but with how like 99% of series don't have the childhood friend win I'm guessing Koiwai.

So Hinaki one-sidedly drags Shunsuke to go eat outside, and gets pissed when he asserts his free will, choosing to follow his heart and go somewhere else. He could've been nicer and more transparent about it, sure, but IMO she's more in the wrong for trying to take away his agency this chapter, making such a decision for him without even letting him know. I know Hinaki is a headstrong character, but I felt like she stepped over a line here and I didn't like that. Who is she to him again? His boss? Gf?

This is nudging me slightly further into Kiyoka's camp. At this point I was already leaning that way anyway, just hesitating a bit because I also do feel Kiyoka is still underdeveloped as a character. I have to wonder if Shunsuke will actually tell Kiyoka he just ditched Hinaki to meet her at the library. I don't think he will, unless Kiyoka saw them and brings it up herself.
hope that lil shit gets dumped 🌜.

Aggregator gang
not cool bro
you already agreed with Hinaki that you'll do dinner with her
and then you suddenly cant go, because some girl with twisted personality invite you ?
remember : Bro before Hoe
Yeah already agreed then tried to lie. Unless it's very serious can just text back can't got plans how about tomorrow

Aggregator gang
I dunno remember she forced him to have to go. For me really it's more like "Why did she decide to do all that without asking him" it's kinda unreasonable from her part to begin with.

I'm at the point where I lowkey am getting to hate Hinaki with how she's acting. I mean really calling him a sleazebag for doing something normal while also denying him what he wants to do/like just makes her a bad friend.
But he lied 1st when asked. He also agreed to go along with her. We already know who he's prioritizing

Users who are viewing this thread