Osananajimi no Ohimesama - Vol. 4 Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
We're on Vol 4 right now and if it holds to the same size as previous volumes we've probably got 4 chapters to go (the previous volumes are 12 chapters long and this one is at 8 right now)
How on earth are they going to wrap this up in just 4 chapters...?

Dex-chan lover
How on earth are they going to wrap this up in just 4 chapters...?

Best guess? They don't wrap it up. Hinaki probably realizes her feelings within the next couple of chapters even though this one's ending sets up the idea of her stepping aside, she confesses towards the end of the final chapter, he decides he can't choose because he cares about them both, and they decide to continue being a trio of friends while the girls also declare that they aren't giving up and won't lose to each other. And the "ending" is one of those the adventure continues/"our days will go on just like this!" open non-endings with no resolution for anything.

Dex-chan lover
Ah Koiwai... You're a very good girl to want to sacrifice your alone time with Shunsuke so that Hinaki won't be lonely. But Hinaki wouldn't like Koiwai to be lonely, so Shunsuke's gonna stay with him!

That sudden confession with the fireworks was funny. And for once, the confession was heard! Shunsuke knows that Koiwai likes him as well now! But Koiwai's not exactly willing to date yet it seems, because she doesn't want to hurt the special friendship between Shunsuke and Hinaki! I wonder what could happen next for the three of them?

Hinaki's looking to have her own adventure, and she seems to be having fun! But I hope she finds the other two soon, because they went to the festival as a trio. It'd be a shame if they couldn't spend more time as a trio.

I'm sad the series is ending. But I'm glad I read it, because the artstyle is cute, the characters are endearing, and the story is very unique!

Dex-chan lover
Best guess? They don't wrap it up. Hinaki probably realizes her feelings within the next couple of chapters even though this one's ending sets up the idea of her stepping aside, she confesses towards the end of the final chapter, he decides he can't choose because he cares about them both, and they decide to continue being a trio of friends while the girls also declare that they aren't giving up and won't lose to each other. And the "ending" is one of those the adventure continues/"our days will go on just like this!" open non-endings with no resolution for anything.
Well, that'd be a lame ending.

Fed-Kun's army
I kinda liked this but I feel the axe made it so the initial premise isn't really true?

What I'm reading here is a story about Shunsuke falling in love with Koiwai and Hinaki being afraid that her childhood friend will distance himself from her because of it, not the love triangle promised in the first few chapters.

And I mean, that's a fine concept too! It's an excellent source of tension and drama and a story I would read but if things were going to be this way then Shunsuke should have confessed and started dating Koiwai like 20-25 chapters ago. The main conflict here being Shunsuke having to maneuver their relationship with both, we saw a small glimpse of what this could have been like when Shunsuke decided to spend time with Koiwai instead of Hinaki when they had already made plans, pissing her off.

So to me it seems that this wasn't the intention of 9°C, Hinaki was supposed to realize her feelings at some point and try to compete for his love but as the axe approaches the ending will either be this:

Or Shunsuke getting with Koiwai as Hinaki steps aside while remaining friends with him which is not an awful conclusion for a rushed ending but nothing special either.

Dex-chan lover
hinaki is queen she doesnt need servant to survive. but I do hope her pet wont abandoned her.

Contributor
"Yeah, no, not a chance. The both adore me."
That's the spirit.

There's no piggyback carry trope to be found for Kiyoka, well she doesn't want it anyway, but damn did they use the fireworks censoring confessions trope with a variation of "he heard it, but just barely" here to my slight annoyance. Some people are worried about Hinaki losing, but on the contrary, somehow I feel even more concerned about Kiyoka here.

Anything but the indecisive, unresolved romance ending, please.

Users who are viewing this thread