Oshi no Idol ga Tonari no Heya ni Hikkoshite Kita

Dex-chan lover
This copies the exact panels from the pre-serialization. I had to check to make sure I wasn't imagining it but if you compare the chapters side by side, they re-use the exact same panels. The new panels they added are supposed to soften the sadistic feel of the original, which is fine because the original was a little too harsh. I'm guessing once they run through all the content from the original it will get a lot softer and more like a typical romcom.

Dex-chan lover
Normal page length!? Serialization is a powerful thing.

Well i don't mind if someday S manga turn into typical rom-com, this manga is cute anyway. But if you ask me that Nagatoro-san, i'm not like that much.

Aggregator gang
dont think this will live long.....The art is good thou, this is wasted talent and knowledge.

I liked the pre-serialization. Sad to think that we're going to have to wait for the serialization to catch up though before getting fresh chapters. Hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Honestly, this actually has great potential to develop into a wonderful romance where both sides work through their issues and eventually come to like each other 'normally' without being warped by their fixations. It's an interesting scenario to explore: the obsessed (but not completely unhinged) idol otaku and the warped, sadistic almost yandere-esque stalker idol.

What concerns me, though, is whether the mangaka can actually put it off or, most likely, if they fall into relying on cliche tropes and melodrama to keep the story going thus turning it into yet another horrible execution of an otherwise good idea. I wont have my hopes up anyway.

This is great. It's a neat psychological trick the author's accomplished here, using comedy to get you to laugh at this nightmare situation the MC is in.

Dex-chan lover
That’s a humiliation/sadism fetish romcom manga. It’s for a very specific niche. It isn’t really my thing. But that doesn’t mean I should feel offended or that it shouldn’t exist. Let’s be civil friends.

Fed-Kun's army
This is honestly pretty interesting. But lol so yandere/bully.

I kinda like this, its an interesting twist to the fan/idol stories that hasn't really been explored in most mainstream comics. That said, I'm still on the fence about the story so far, as it just feels like the relationship is just being used as a gimmick, rather than developing the characters as people.

Is this like... The serialized version of this https://mangadex.org/title/33487/tonari-no-idol-san?

Users who are viewing this thread