【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 137 - IDOL

Dex-chan lover
I miss this. Yeah the emotion and the scream is def scary, but its nice to see Ruby and Kana back together and had a bit of laughter in it. And its a major character development for Ruby as she knows she's not Ai, and that's ok.

She wants to improve on herself, as herself. Which would def help with the filming as Ai has to improve and be stronger afterwards anyways.

Dex-chan lover
zugqAb.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Apparently this film crew doesn't understand the concept of "shoot everything, cut what doesn't work." 80% of movie-making happens in the editing bay.
Maybe they're big fans of Ed Wood, who shot everything in one take due to budget constraints.

Dex-chan lover
sure, if you don't count the acting boost, the self-search boost, the mama-understanding boost, etc...
No, I’m not talking about the positives, she magically kept those. I’m talking with the negatives that should’ve happened. When you betray someone like that there are repercussions you can’t just get over in a day or two if you actually believe it.

So how the fuck does she get an acting boost if she doesn’t believe she’s betrayed? Does she feel any of the pain of Ai if it was just a pretend pat on the back of motivation that had no impact on the relationship at all.

They had their cake and ate it too

Supporter
No, I’m not talking about the positives, she magically kept those. I’m talking with the negatives that should’ve happened. When you betray someone like that there are repercussions you can’t just get over in a day or two if you actually believe it.

So how the fuck does she get an acting boost if she doesn’t believe she’s betrayed? Does she feel any of the pain of Ai if it was just a pretend pat on the back of motivation that had no impact on the relationship at all.

They had their cake and ate it too
It’s not that she wasn’t betrayed. It’s that she’s not giving up on her friend like her mom did. she understood her mom’s emotions and realized that she doesn’t wanna live like that

To be fair... this is the Japanese filming industry where everything has to go by the script. At least, that's my opinion based on what I hear.
Not liking ad-lib is understandable, ignoring the fact that you edit out what you think doesn't work in the final cut is another thing entirely.
Pompo: The Cinéphile show a correct understanding of film editing (in the movie, if I remember correctly that part is an anime original) so it's not like japanese filmmakers don't know what editing means.

Users who are viewing this thread