【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 141 - CHAIN

Dex-chan lover
The dichotomy between what Miyako (the manager woman) and Taiki (the black hared guy) said is interesting to me. On the one hand, woman are especially badly abused in the entertainment industry, but on the other the backlash from that happening means guys who have no hand in that also get labeled.
I want to stress that in no way do I think this is an equal comparison, not even close. It's just that, despite this the people who ARE actually doing all of the fucked up shit still continue to get away with it Scot free, while the consequences of their action fall on young guys who aren't remotely responsible. It adds an extra, albeit thinner layer of fucked up on the whole pile

Dex-chan lover
Serious chapter. But Mem-cho count: 11 panels! Our best girls was in 11 panels this chapter! We eating good.

Also, really not even trying to beat the incest allegations anymore are they.
All this is just to set up that Memcho is the little devil that caused all this to happen, from the one who snitched on Ai's house to the murder-creep and the one who is their father.

Dex-chan lover
Abuse is a very vague word, I guess.

Physical threats are clear, insults and a "do this or else" is relatively pretty clear too, but I think manipulation and abused of power can be a little hard to pinpoint.

Still, our society's standard (by that, I mean as world's society standard, including Japan) judged that love with underage is very wrong, and I don't really have qualms or rejection about that (though I'm still confused why 18 feels like universal standard and why some people think 18-20 is still kid despite of that. I just don't think my mind really change that much after that age, just what I can and should do).

In case it wasn't clear, if the real person actually did that, I don't mind if she goes to jail.
Well, openly stupid excuses for rape like “you actually like it” and “you wanted it yourself” are already much more difficult than before, so many media or people in real life have moved on to more subtle manipulations, because the average person still believes that everything that was not violent and had at least formal consent is acceptable. Not to mention cases where the abuser is a woman.

Dex-chan lover
HwBWPmH.png
This frame can be used for questions like "which one do you think is the protagonist's sister?"

Dex-chan lover
Well, openly stupid excuses for rape like “you actually like it” and “you wanted it yourself” are already much more difficult than before, so many media or people in real life have moved on to more subtle manipulations, because the average person still believes that everything that was not violent and had at least formal consent is acceptable. Not to mention cases where the abuser is a woman.
I mean a lot of people still believe psychology isn't real, they think any problem is a weakness or "bad genes" or shit like that, i live in France and mental abuse wasn't legally recognized as abuse until some 10-15 years ago. If mangas are anything to go by as giving hints on Japanese culture they have difficulties recognizing mental issues as a real problem (they're still in the "you're depressed ? just stop" phase) i have yet to see a manga where a parent suggest having their child see a therapist (i've seen some dealing with mental issues i think it's one where the girl has Asperger but she's an adult) to be fair i've yet to see a Japanese child in manga catch another "casual disease" other than a cold.

Dex-chan lover
I mean a lot of people still believe psychology isn't real, they think any problem is a weakness of "bad genes" or shit like that, i live in France and mental abuse wasn't legally recognized as abuse until some 10-15 years ago. If mangas are anything to go by as giving hints on Japanese culture they have difficulties recognizing mental issues as a real problem (they're still in the "you're depressed ? just stop being sad" phase) i have yet to see a manga where a parent suggest having their child see a therapist (i've seen some dealing with mental issues i think it's one where the girl has Asperger but she's an adult) to be fair i've yet to see a Japanese child in manga catch another "casual disease" other than a cold.
I live in Eastern Europe and here it is still considered ridiculous to talk about depression and it is believed that everyone who does it is just edgy emo kids or bored girls on social networks. Many people believe that psychology is a kind of philosophy with a focus on personal problems, while anything that is not literally schizophrenia or psychosis should be treated through lifestyle changes.

Double-page supporter
The dichotomy between what Miyako (the manager woman) and Taiki (the black hared guy) said is interesting to me. On the one hand, woman are especially badly abused in the entertainment industry, but on the other the backlash from that happening means guys who have no hand in that also get labeled.
I want to stress that in no way do I think this is an equal comparison, not even close. It's just that, despite this the people who ARE actually doing all of the fucked up shit still continue to get away with it Scot free, while the consequences of their action fall on young guys who aren't remotely responsible. It adds an extra, albeit thinner layer of fucked up on the whole pile

Eh...can't really agree with that. I thought it was pretty obvious that while they were giving the "different perspective" take from his side he was coming across as wholly chauvinistic (that whole "I'm there to protect them!" bullshit) when really he just falls prey to the pressures/expectations as much as anyone. It's just that the pressures on the male side are for them to participate rather than service to their superiors. Ie. if your boss/manager/studio big wig invites you out to a hostess club, you kind of have to go even if it makes you uncomfortable.

That said, he seems to have deluded himself into thinking he's participating for their benefit as a coping mechanism when that is equally unhealthy (or he's just in denial about enjoying it). Regardless, Akane wasn't buying his bullshit so she's got a good head on her shoulders.

Serious chapter. But Mem-cho count: 11 panels! Our best girls was in 11 panels this chapter! We eating good.

And almost every panel was a progression of her getting more and more uncomfortable about the topic as they revealed more terrible insight. Mem-cho is too pure for this world even though as we saw from one of the interlude chapters she experienced roughly the same shit as a content creator/potential Idol so maybe it was just digging up bad memories.

Side note but Frill is a fucking psychopath. Girl needs to learn to set boundaries and limits otherwise she's gonna end up doing something real messed up for the sake of her "acting". It's nice she's dedicated but it's a healthy thing to have a line you won't cross even if it's for something you love.

Dex-chan lover
Thinking back on it, this is pretty bold claim, right? I'm guessing the real woman is still alive since it hasn't been that long, so this can count as slander. If she died, it's still smearing upon someone's good name, and some people might protest against it.

They probably need to have a strong enough reason or evidence to do this, or at least a good lawyer.
Airi's dead lol

Users who are viewing this thread