【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 141 - CHAIN

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad we're touching on the topics presented.

But also: (insert ruby face but my brain is too smooth to put in myself)

OH NO

Dex-chan lover
Is this chapter meant to make us feel sorry for her? Because the only thing it achieved was reinforce my stance that pedos should simply get the rope, no exceptions.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, even though it’s nice they got back to the commentary of the entertainment business story, the way it’s carried is boring.

It ends up like a panel of host/source/commentator watching a news in recording and then starts to gives their on-your-face commentary on an issue. Rather than being more immersive, show the experience, and more quietly let the readers think about it.

It’s the same thing happening with Kana’s casting couch arc.
I didn't force them to have sex with me, they did it voluntarily - ah, my favorite excuse for abuse. You know, if you didn’t force your partner through violence, then it doesn’t count.
Human evolves slowly after all.
For long time, we’re familiar with people abusing other using power and violence.

People get smarter. When society catch up and makes it easier to gang up against the abusers who use “violence”, they find smarter way to do it, such as softer way of coercion. Meanwhile, the society is still mostly stuck with how to handle the brutes.
So far, the most they could work with that kind of thing is if they assign roles of “weak and vulnerable” such as towards children. But that’s already letting emotion runs ahead because there’s preconception.

They only know how to punish people who force people with beating, but still not so much for punishing people who do it with guilt, or rewards.
Or if we look another place, such as office, and don’t include the overly sensitive sexual abuse issues. If a manager use favouritism and deny an employee’s promotion with excuse of saying an employee “didn’t perform”, and the problem is there even if orchestrated, the society would have difficulties to proof the decision came from favouritism.

Is this chapter meant to make us feel sorry for her? Because the only thing it achieved was reinforce my stance that pedos should simply get the rope, no exceptions.
I think, it shows just blaming Airi doesn’t fix the fundamental problem, which runs deep.
If you’re satisfied with punishing the “abuser”, don’t forget there are still many going in the background, and just punishing individuals as they’re caught won’t stop it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hime-chan understands! Sometimes, you just need a drink. And I definitely need one after this banging chapter :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
That said, I wish Aka would stop using that "analyst/commentator" pov during conversations. I had enough of that shit with JJK.

Dex-chan lover
incest hysteria strikes again. "reading manga with murder and rape - ALL FINE. Same manga, but now it covers incest too? HOW COULD THEY WRITE ABOUT IT, ARE THEY EVIL?"
Unlike say, usagi drop, it fits the manga about dark sides of adult life thematically, chill out already.

That said, I wish Aka would stop using that "analyst/commentator" pov during conversations. I had enough of that shit with JJK.
I get where you coming from, but Aka is nowhere near JJK in terms of "tell, dont show". Thank god.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, even though it’s nice they got back to the commentary of the entertainment business story, the way it’s carried is boring.

It ends up like a panel of host/source/commentator watching a news in recording and then starts to gives their on-your-face commentary on an issue. Rather than being more immersive, show the experience, and more quietly let the readers think about it.

It’s the same thing happening with Kana’s casting couch arc.
Human evolves slowly after all.
For long time, we’re familiar with people abusing other using power and violence.

People get smarter. When society catch up and makes it easier to gang up against the abusers who use “violence”, they find smarter way to do it, such as softer way of coercion. Meanwhile, the society is still mostly stuck with how to handle the brutes.
So far, the most they could work with that kind of thing is if they assign roles of “weak and vulnerable” such as towards children. But that’s already letting emotion runs ahead because there’s preconception.

They only know how to punish people who force people with beating, but still not so much for punishing people who do it with guilt, or rewards.
Or if we look another place, such as office, and don’t include the overly sensitive sexual abuse issues. If a manager use favouritism and deny an employee’s promotion with excuse of saying an employee “didn’t perform”, and the problem is there even if orchestrated, the society would have difficulties to proof the decision came from favouritism.

I think, it shows just blaming Airi doesn’t fix the fundamental problem, which runs deep.
If you’re satisfied with punishing the “abuser”, don’t forget there are still many going in the background, and just punishing individuals as they’re caught won’t stop it.
Judging by what I observe in the media and the modern world in general, people are not so much becoming smarter as they are going back decades. From little things like people wanting likes for the first comment on a video to people who seem to want to go back to Victorian England.

Dex-chan lover
The chapter was great until the last page, man. Hope, it's just Bait, though. I'm putting my trust in Aka with this one.🙏🙏🙏
What trust, god left Japan long ago. Latest around the time Aki Sora got published, but there had already been Boku no Pico so....

Dex-chan lover
great look into the mistreatment of women in the entertainment industry but kana and rubys faces were so fucking goofy at the end ☠️

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy that look on Kana's face. When Ruby's, and Aqua's kissing scene was mentioned.
Kana Doesn't like that scene. Really not at all.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine edit with Kana’s face replaced with Taiki.
You guys are siblings

Judging by what I observe in the media and the modern world in general, people are not so much becoming smarter as they are going back decades. From little things like people wanting likes for the first comment on a video to people who seem to want to go back to Victorian England.
Those who are foolish enough or getting overconfident.

How about those who know to not rush, and instead just subtly let their target learn those in the right position can make their life unpleasant with justifiable means. So next time, they know it’s better to not refuse.

And I think society also doesn’t care about those until it became big because they’re so doped with the idea that everyone got unlimited potential. Like, saying if your workplace is bad, then you should just look for another place or show them result, but they never consider people who doesn’t have such ability, and even blame them for not improving because surely there are samples of people who managed to do it so all human except with obvious disabilities must be able to do the same.

Not as easily proven, but similar to what Miyako mentioned in page 9.
They tell young workers it’s hard work and sacrifice if they want to succeed. Not just in entertainment, but also career in general (such as young workers who ends up working endless “voluntary” overtime).
Those who can get out first are the minority of who are smart enough to know, or those who are never that obsessed with the success in the first place so they’d see it as too tall of price to pay.
But those who really want to be in the career but without experience might only hold on to the years of “hard work and sacrifice pays” that had been drilled into their head.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine edit with Kana’s face replaced with Taiki.

Those who are foolish enough or getting overconfident.

How about those who know to not rush, and instead just subtly let their target learn those in the right position can make their life unpleasant with justifiable means. So next time, they know it’s better to not refuse.

And I think society also doesn’t care about those until it became big because they’re so doped with the idea that everyone got unlimited potential. Like, saying if your workplace is bad, then you should just look for another place or show them result, but they never consider people who doesn’t have such ability, and even blame them for not improving because surely there are samples of people who managed to do it so all human except with obvious disabilities must be able to do the same.

Not as easily proven, but similar to what Miyako mentioned in page 9.
They tell young workers it’s hard work and sacrifice if they want to succeed. Not just in entertainment, but also career in general (such as young workers who ends up working endless “voluntary” overtime).
Those who can get out first are the minority of who are smart enough to know, or those who are never that obsessed with the success in the first place so they’d see it as too tall of price to pay.
But those who really want to be in the career but without experience might only hold on to the years of “hard work and sacrifice pays” that had been drilled into their head.
Modern people are willing to tolerate vocal minority and gross injustice because modern exploiters have disguised their activities and intentions with bureaucracy and false graces. So you can wait who knows how long until people get tired of it.

Well, at least he warned us first.
I'll just say, for Kaguya
we got build up about 4 pages and it all happened off screen

Users who are viewing this thread