【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 154 - 15-YEAR LIE

Dex-chan lover
Kinda repeating from last chapter, but I think this would be (combined with answering the justice system) a pretty satisfying setup for "revenge" if it was just Ai and the woman who raped him he had killed. They've completely destroyed the foundation he'd used to justify himself, and they've also directly shown him an alternative paradise world for him, where he got the happy family, love and support he'd always wanted and probably attained great heights, and how he destroyed that himself. That's both true and pretty soul crushing for him to know, undeniably and deeply. Now presumably he'll cooperate with the official justice system, Aqua and Ruby have taken him down but avoided being dragged into the same darkness themselves. And as an audience there'd be some symmetry to that. Murder is not great to put it lightly, but for an abused child to lash out at their abuser is understandable, and Ai would be a genuine greek tragedy of two twisted young people in a twisted high pressure facing maximum pressure misunderstanding the fronts they'd each put up.

The doctor/actress and anyone else he's killed since though are a bit of fly in the ointment to me. The core crimes focused on in this movie are complex: the other murders are not, they're just murder, of those totally unconnected. Maybe the plan is that he confesses to everything and that's it but dunno, feels like some one-off edginess was added in setting up expectations for him as an absolute monster and then kinda flopped/suddenly went another direction completely. Which has happened a couple of times now and isn't great writing. Still a fun enough ride, and probably better too short then too long.

Supporter
wait this "soul crushing guilt" type of revenge is good, because it certainly kills hikaru emotionally, which is aqua's goal, but aqua won't feel guilty acting out his revenge like this, since his hands won't be bloody with murder like his father's...

hold-up-his-writing-is-this-fire.png
Agreed. Aqua just destroyed the dude emotionally and made him realize that he killed someone who actually cared and loved him. Somebody he could’ve had a happy life with if he hadnt been such an idiot

this is honoring his mother s wishes and destroying his father in the same breath without even getting a drop of blood on his own hands. It’s perfect.

Dex-chan lover
someone take Aka out of the kitchen

blud cant cook for shit anymore, he fumbled the later part of Kaguya and is 100% gonna fumble this one, if someone lives in Chile, im whiling to gift you volumes 1-4 of the manga in english, since im for sure not gonna complete the series with this dogshit ending

Dex-chan lover
Cool. If it ended rn I'd be fine with it too (with a proper closure ofc, but no one dying).

Dex-chan lover
We understand you now Hikaru, now please go rot in hell plz.
Let Ai rest...

Dex-chan lover
Now live with this knowledge in your head bastard,
life sentence and guilt should do the job, don't ever think of suicide.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, my expectations were low so I'm pleasantly surprised by this development :meguu:

Fed-Kun's army
Ruby looks like she's not done with him yet...

Seriously now, the ending wasn't surprising at all. But oh well, at least no one died. I hope they do include that footage in the movie, so that everyone sees how much of an idiot Kamiki was.

Group Leader
AIIII :qq: :qq: :qq:
Just imagine the future if any of this hadn't happen kind of got me on my feels a bit.
The panel of the twins crying after showing the truth message that Ai wanted to show whew

Dex-chan lover
You should have seen that coming. Now kill yourself man.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda repeating from last chapter, but I think this would be (combined with answering the justice system) a pretty satisfying setup for "revenge" if it was just Ai and the woman who raped him he had killed. They've completely destroyed the foundation he'd used to justify himself, and they've also directly shown him an alternative paradise world for him, where he got the happy family, love and support he'd always wanted and probably attained great heights, and how he destroyed that himself. That's both true and pretty soul crushing for him to know, undeniably and deeply. Now presumably he'll cooperate with the official justice system, Aqua and Ruby have taken him down but avoided being dragged into the same darkness themselves. And as an audience there'd be some symmetry to that. Murder is not great to put it lightly, but for an abused child to lash out at their abuser is understandable, and Ai would be a genuine greek tragedy of two twisted young people in a twisted high pressure facing maximum pressure misunderstanding the fronts they'd each put up.

The doctor/actress and anyone else he's killed since though are a bit of fly in the ointment to me. The core crimes focused on in this movie are complex: the other murders are not, they're just murder, of those totally unconnected. Maybe the plan is that he confesses to everything and that's it but dunno, feels like some one-off edginess was added in setting up expectations for him as an absolute monster and then kinda flopped/suddenly went another direction completely. Which has happened a couple of times now and isn't great writing. Still a fun enough ride, and probably better too short then too long.
for the 1st part yes, if you don't take the upping the ante as a last boss, it would have been a lot better, but we went from being afraid of the death flags from Akane to he's just broken.
This manga has gone down the toilet pretty fast in the last curb
classic Aka

someone take Aka out of the kitchen

blud cant cook for shit anymore, he fumbled the later part of Kaguya and is 100% gonna fumble this one, if someone lives in Chile, im whiling to gift you volumes 1-4 of the manga in english, since im for sure not gonna complete the series with this dogshit ending
I'm from Chile/Santiago so I would gladly take those volumes (still collecting Kaguya even if the last volumes are really boring)

Dex-chan lover
didn't Ai wanted to have the kids because she wanted to learn about love that way and she finally realized by sadly the moment of her death how much she loved them, not in the best way but still was a stront moment for that, but now she always loved this "now" moron and even made a video saying that she loved him... I don't know, it takes away such a good moment from the start and also from the OP/full song that was really good.

Users who are viewing this thread