【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 155 - Happy End

Dex-chan lover
Murder would make sense as his redemption of sorts
So, the secret to Aqua's victory is using his serial killer father as a weapon against the family's enemies? I didn't notice the moment when it turned into the showbiz version of Yozakura, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
I'm curious if Kamiki plans to turn himself in or if he is going to murder this bitch before that.
He'll most likely pull some strings to move Kana's graduation concert to the Tokyo Dome so they can speedrun Ruby achieving her dreams before the series ends since this is the final story arc.

Dex-chan lover
i think it was foreshadowed pretty well with the deletion of ai's blog post in the story (correct me if i'm misremembering plz)

Dex-chan lover
Garbage storytelling. The big bad was some side character they introduced a few chapters ago, when we never suspected of a second killer, and when the manga didn't lead us to suspect anything like that.

So you are telling me that aka expended 150 chapters building this revenge story, hyping the villain as a mysterious serial killer to just let him off the hook; they didn't even bother to call the police, and now the final boss is a random crazy lady that only appeared in a couple of chapters...

What is going on here. None of this makes any sense. How hard was it to just deliver what you promised, a revege story, At least send the guy to jail if you are not going to kill him for god's sake.

Dex-chan lover
So you are telling me that aka expended 150 chapters building this revenge story, hyping the villain as a mysterious serial killer to just let him off the hook; they didn't even bother to call the police, and now the final boss is a random crazy lady that only appeared in a couple of chapters...

What is going on here. None of this makes any sense. How hard was it to just deliver what you promised, a revege story, At least send the guy to jail if you are not going to kill him for god's sake.
I wouldn't be surprised if father goes even crazier and comes back again. But at least they didn't decide to make this chick the reincarnation of that nurse who thought the MC was a pedophile and thus wanted revenge on him after the reincarnation.

Dex-chan lover
Happy ending? If it's a happy ending we want, we need to revive Ai, and we know what it needs in order for it to happen, yes? :meguusmug:

Honestly don't know how to feel about this series anymore. Everyone expected Aqua to kill the father, but instead it's Aqua twisting into him that "Ai always loved you, you idiot" as the way to crush him. Then out of nowhere, during the final arc, it's someone else being a culprit too, even though Aqua brushed it off during Ai's funeral because Ai's idol group needed her back then so wouldn't dare to harm her.

Dex-chan lover
They didn't drop the magic eye thing.

It's explained. The god they are connected to was a crow in it's past life. And they saved that crow and it's gratitude made it into a very very very minor god... and it reincarnated with them.....

So the crow told the truth while fluffying itself up....

And what are they supposed to do about the series killer thing if they don't know about it???

They got the revenge for Ai on him. They ruined his reputation and made him regret everything he's done....

That has nothing to do with their starburst pupils. Both Ai and Hikaru have the starburst and have nothing to do with the crow girl.

I didn’t expect them to kill him from the beginning. They would have been suspect #1 after the movie came out for sure. Aqua isn’t that dumb.

If anything the movie would give them the perfect cover. I guarantee Ai still has a lot of hardcore fans and showing a movie where Hikaru specifically is the reason she was murdered would paint a large target on his back. If he died after that it could very easily be handwaved away as a pissed off fan getting revenge on her behalf and not necessarily Aqua/Ruby.

As far as this chapter goes, this feels like some hack ass writing. The serial killer father gets off scot free despite being the cause of Goro and Ai's death (also still isn't explained how he knew about Goro or where Ai was hospitalized), and the death of that rising starlet who was going to initially play Ai in the movie. The timeline also doesn't make sense with him sending the stan after Ai "by accident" just to scare her when we see her literally talking to Hikaru over the phone and inviting him to come visit the kids. In fact the timeline ONLY makes sense if he sent the dude to her house after that phone call since otherwise it wouldn't make any sense why he would wait until Aqua/Ruby were like 4 years old after attempting the first time when Ai was pregnant (apparently, again the whole thing with Goro makes no sense). It makes at least a bit of sense if he only waited until that moment because Ai made contact with him and now he knew her location again but that just paints him as even more coldhearted and the whole Freudian excuse of him being heartbroken and bitter contradictory.

As for the new "villain", someone else already mentioned it but this again contradicts the research Aqua did when he was trying to figure out who gave the order early in the series. He specifically ruled out any former B-Komachi members because Ai was too vital to their continued success. Now at some point off screen he's changed his mind and she's suspect sub-prime? Was she also secretly banging Hikaru after Ai dumped him and that's why she got all obsessed due to his influence? Is it just coincidentally another psychopath among Ai's circle of friends? This feels like a twist just for the sake of handwaving away Hikaru's involvement and downplaying the fact that he wrote Hikaru as a literal monster and not as a sympathetic boy who was jaded by the industry considering he was abused.

Double-page supporter
Did Aka just pull "You fell for it, fool! Thunder Cross Split Attack!" on me with that happy ending?? How dare you! 🤣

Group Leader
I knew it !
I was even insulted for that, but I imagine now that apologizing is not as simple as attacking :3

Having another person involved is fine and all... but what's up with this confrontation? Is the story being cut short, did the author forget to flesh some of this out earlier and is just dumping everything now, is this really the best way to do this?

Users who are viewing this thread