【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 156 - MEMe

Dex-chan lover
20240724_071358.jpg

Dex-chan lover
If you tell me which girl in this manga that I like, this girl is the one. Memcho. Because of all the girl, this girl alone don't much advantage or cheat.

Dex-chan lover
for a series that is about the "dark" sides of entertainment industry
shit for sure never goes wrong huh, aside from Ai's murder that is (although this is more of the trigger to get the series in motion so i dont count it)

well, Aka's cooking days are over anyway, so its not like i expect something incredible this late into the series, with it ending and all

Dex-chan lover
So she is admitting she is not young, but wont say her real age.... ah, the ol' Marine strat, she must recognize that the new meta are HAGS

Dex-chan lover
for a series that is about the "dark" sides of entertainment industry
Honestly, that might just be people's perception. Even with Akane almost killing herself, everyone kinda going to their own happy ending.

But yeah, I do hope something goes wrong to spice things up a notch. Maybe Arima or Miyako will die or get stab before getting Ai's ex-idol friend that plotted the murder, and if it's just getting stab, maybe Aqua will take care of her since he doesn't want the same thing to repeat.

Dex-chan lover
If there is a sequel, Memcho will be one of the good choice.

And Japan perspective of age is so weird.

I liked Mem when she was introduced but she's pretty much been just a walking plot device that Aka deployed whenever he had no better idea of how to get the whole thing moving. And now he's probably going to do it again because this series still hasn't been milked for all its worth.

Anyway, Mem best girl:aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, that might just be people's perception. Even with Akane almost killing herself, everyone kinda going to their own happy ending.

But yeah, I do hope something goes wrong to spice things up a notch. Maybe Arima or Miyako will die or get stab before getting Ai's ex-idol friend that plotted the murder, and if it's just getting stab, maybe Aqua will take care of her since he doesn't want the same thing to repeat.
i honestly joke about the incest arc being the best but i just joke (not like i support incest of any kind irl) but it felt good because Aka was writing something with stakes on it, both in the series's world and on people's reception of the plotline

the whole later half of 15-year lie feels super safe, like (obviously) he knew the series is going to end, and wanted to end things in a way that most of the readers would feel comfortable with, like he forgetting about his drive for revenge or him suddenly being in love with Arima... like wtf, the two things came out of basically nowhere

personally i like twisted stories, but more than twisted stories i like authors having balls and putting out something wortwhile and something they really wanted to create, this final of the arc just feels super safe

Dex-chan lover
I wanted to joke about being hagpilled but 27 is such a low age that she doesn't even qualify.

I assume Japan sees it differently but the difference between 20 and 27 seems so small to me. When they first mentioned this I assumed she was in her 30s or something.
well, it would be a bigger deal when she started, like pretending to be 17 when you're actually 24 is a fairly big difference

that said, I look back on how I was at 20 vs 27 and I was basically still a child at 20 while I more of less had my shit together at 27, like I at least had stuff prepared for when shit hit the fan so I wasn't panicking and scrambling with no idea what to do

personally i like twisted stories, but more than twisted stories i like authors having balls and putting out something wortwhile and something they really wanted to create, this final of the arc just feels super safe
yeah, you can really feel everything winding down, and in the least interesting way possible where everything is neatly wrapped up with a nice little bow on top

Fifteen Year Lie had so much build up and so many details felt like they were leading somewhere and then... oh it's done.

Dang someone got the "the age of 30 is still in demand" post before I could. Memcho accidently stumbles into the new HAGMETA of vtubers. You can't compete with Gura, so you have to compete with Marine and Mio instead

Fed-Kun's army
well, speed running the movie arc and especially the best moments, and now a taking a full complete chapter for memcho is weird
ok, she's funny and nice choice of chapter but still

Users who are viewing this thread